LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box button mappings with multiple controllers

Dezmancer

I use different controllers for a couple different purposes depending on what game i'm playing in Launchbox. I have an 8bitdo SNES-like controller for NES/SNES games, an arcade stick for fighters, and a retro-bit sega saturn wi-fi controller for Sega stuff.

The issue comes in using these controllers for navigating big box. The confirm/back commands are mapped that would basically be the "B" and "A" buttons of an Xbox 360 controller. Corresponds to X/O on a playstation controller and A/B on an 8bitdo controller and works wonderfully on just about everything except the retro-bit controller, where the mapped button commands confirm to "X" (for confirm) and "A" (for back) respectively.

This isn't a huge, but I'd really like for the retro-bit to use "A" for confirm and "B" for back. But since it has on button in common with all the other controllers as big box reads them I can't make the change without effecting the layout for everything else I don't think. Is there some of multiple controller profile for big box commands I haven't found yet, any other way I could potentially get around this issue for this controller and futures ones I might like to add?

• 2 years later...