LaunchBox Community Forums

LB not retrieving all media

SkyHighGam3r

Example Scenario: I'm importing Sega CD games. One of these games is Blackhole Assault. This attaches LB ID #19298, which in turn leads to this entry in the Games DB - https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/18698

As you can see in the DB entry, there are box-front entries for North America, Europe, and Japan. However, it only pulled in the Japanese box-art. Ok, easy enough to fix. I opened Edit>Images>Download Media. Except now it shows "Box - Front (1)" and not "3". I thought, something must be miscategorized, so I downloaded everything available... but it still didn't give me the PAL or USA boxes...

This has happened with several games over the last few days. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Is there a way to just manually retrieve images from the Games DB site? I can't believe I can't just right-click and save image as.

Edited by SkyHighGam3r

15 minutes ago, SkyHighGam3r said:

Example Scenario: I'm importing Sega CD games. One of these games is Blackhole Assault. This attaches LB ID #19298, which in turn leads to this entry in the Games DB - https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/18698

As you can see in the DB entry, there are box-front entries for North America, Europe, and Japan. However, it only pulled in the Japanese box-art. Ok, easy enough to fix. I opened Edit>Images>Download Media. Except now it shows "Box - Front (1)" and not "3". I thought, something must be miscategorized, so I downloaded everything available... but it still didn't give me the PAL or USA boxes...

This has happened with several games over the last few days. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Is there a way to just manually retrieve images from the Games DB site? I can't believe I can't just right-click and save image as.

Is the rom itself the Japanese version? I have the US rom and have both the US and Japanese/European boxes in my Launchbox.

17 minutes ago, SkyHighGam3r said:

You can right click and save as.

Ok, so I think I figured it out, but I don't understand the 'why'.

Like, half my Sega CD games are pulling in PAL art, and not giving me USA art. I seem to have to select the North American Alternate name, change the region to North America, then save the edits - and THEN it will pull in the correct art.

Is there no way to just make it pull in everything? I'd honestly rather have everything than have to 1-by-1 grab the correct thing.

Edited by SkyHighGam3r