LaunchBox Community Forums

Duckstation - RetroArch

Vapoirse

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, matt.stocks said:

Ok great. You can use it. How??? Doesn't show up in the dropdown list of emulators that can be used in Launchbox and the Core in Retroarch just sucks as far as being able to edit graphics.

This post shows exactly how to add an emulator to LB.

No. Again these posts show how to add emulators for ones that show up in the dropdown list, not new ones. The emulators in your examples are already in the dropdown list of emulators. Example. I am trying to add Duckstation/Swanstation. When I enter the name either Duckstation or Swanstation or whatever they're calling it now, I add the file path to the exe file and hit Ok. I get a message telling me to enter a valid name and it erases everything. Just as someone else said.

27 minutes ago, matt.stocks said:

Again these posts show how to add emulators for ones that show up in the dropdown list, not new ones.

The emulator does not show in the dropdown list until you add it.

28 minutes ago, matt.stocks said:

Duckstation or Swanstation or whatever they're calling it now

Duckstation is the stand alone emulator and Swanstation is what RA calls their core due to a dispute with the developer.

If you want to add the core, close Launchbox, start up RA, download the core and then restart LB. Now when you go to the associated platforms section of your RA emulator entry in Launchbox it will show in the drop down.

2021-05-08_17-47-56.thumb.png.20094461d61866de62c038fb86dd4d5e.png

I know how to add the core to retroarch. I don't like the core. What I'm trying to do is add the standalone to use the same way I use Mame standalone instead of the Mame cores. I was able to choose Mame in the dropdown list and then point it to the exe. From what I can see there is no way to add Duckstation standalone. It isn't in the dropdown and if you type it in, it just erases and tells you to enter a valid name.

11 hours ago, matt.stocks said:

From what I can see there is no way to add Duckstation standalone. It isn't in the dropdown and if you type it in, it just erases and tells you to enter a valid name.

You can type anything you like into the dropdown box you are not limited to what is there already. Enter the emulator name and point to the .exe, exactly the same as you did for mame except typing Duckstation rather than picking it from the list. Then click the "Associated Platform" tab on that same window and enter the Platform name that the emulator is to be used for, in this case Sony Playstation or whatever you called it when you imported your roms, job done. This has been described and shown in images in this thread several times, maybe you should actually read the posts rather than doggedly sticking to your completely incorrect stance on this.

Adding emulators is easy and described in this thread several times.