LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox won't add emulated games

Gadget

After upgrading to 11.9 I am no longer able to add emulated games.

Using the gui as always, and adding the rom-file along with the emulator.

In the end there are no files to import on the list. The list is empty.

Is that a new issue, or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Readytoimport.png

@Gadget:
If you are importing ROMs for MAMEUI64, you might have the same problem which I already reported as an error. The "Ready to Import" panel is always empty.
Other MAME implementations seem to work. It seems that Launchbox is calling the MAME emulator to gather some additional information, and the call to MAMEUI64 fails.

I hope this will be fixed by Launchbox (or MAMEUI64), because this is currently my favorite MAME implementation.

Edited by Fiorell

• 4 weeks later...

I've already Help>Force Update Games Database Metadata

I've already fully deleted this file

I've already tried importing with the duplicate option.

I've already deleted everything to do with the platform im trying to import (CD-i)

I've already used a known-working LB data backup set

Importing this exact file worked fine literally 9 hours ago before LB force-installed 11.9 (it tried to do this several time and i force-quit it before it could, this time it got through the install process). Everytime in 11.8 this window would show the files im importing. Everytime i would delete the game from LB as I was testing things and import again. 11.8 would continue to show the file to be imported, and i did this 4-6 times. 11.9 gets installed? window is now blank? Is this user error here? Can we get this fixed? Can we have an option to NOT force-install updates even if an update exists in the "Updates" folder?

Edited by Paultimate