LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox runs Teknoparrot games twice....

Lukeyboy67

I've recently tried the Teknoparrot launcher and after watching a few tutorial vids I've managed to get it all set up and working fine apart from 1 problem I can't suss out. When I launch a teknoparrot game through LB it runs the game twice! For instance Daytona Championship USA, while I'm playing I can hear the into music and sfx from the second game in the background, pressing escape exits both games at once. Anyone else with the same prob and is there a way round it? TIA for any help :)

I never heard this about TeknoParrot before. Could you please post some screenshots of your settings for TeknoParrot in LaunchBox? You say you hear audio from a second instance of the game running in the background. But do you also see the game loading twice? The reason I ask this is because some people report hearing the audio of the gameplay video they have in LaunchBox or BigBox still playing in the background while also running the game. But I experienced something similar with one pc game once. It didn't like it when for the LaunchBox / BigBox startup screens "Hide all windows that are not in Fullscreen Exclusive Mode" was enabled and also launched twice.

• Thanks 1

There's nothing to really see in my LB settings just the path to Teknoparrot. It does it with my other TP games too, for example Sega Rally 3 but that throws a error up, I click it off and the game runs. With Daytona it just runs it twice at once and like I said escaping quits both games. It all works fine when I use TP on its own. Obvs LB is launching the game then TP after it, but why? Anyway, thanks for yer help m8 :)

Screenshot (43).png

7 hours ago, Lukeyboy67 said:

Sussed it! I used the import text file for the game method, so LB was launching the text file then the .xml file so 2 games at once. I just edited the rom path and changed it from the text file to the .xml file in TP's User Profile folder, sorted! :)

Screenshot (44).png

Screenshot (45).png

FYI, That should not have mattered as I have my games running from txt files, but at least it's now working for you.

Make sure you add custom command line parameters for each game and you can point to either.

Inked248059234_ScreenShot2020-07-22at7_35_02PM.png.8276c145ef6a7af721f37920562f7a99_LI.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, zugswang said:

Make sure you add custom command line parameters for each game and you can point to either.

There are multiple ways where it is not really necessary to have per game custom command-lines for TeknoParrot and everything works with just one general command-line. The advantage would be, that if you ever have to change the command-line, you don't have to edit all your games.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Koroth said:

There are multiple ways where it is not really necessary to have per game custom command-lines for TeknoParrot and everything works with just one general command-line. The advantage would be, that if you ever have to change the command-line, you don't have to edit all your games.

It's just another option to throw in the pot so he was aware that he can use txt or xml path if he did it this way.

• Like 1