LaunchBox Community Forums

A small collection of suggestions for improvement of the database

ultrez

Although I have already added alot images to the database (mainly I have removed the background of discs) I sometimes find "new" rules or best practices for uploads in the forum.  I would like to put the following suggestions up for discussion.

• The possibility to remove an image from moderation after sending it (I often noticed right after the upload that it was the wrong image or a png had a background, etc).
  • A preview of the uploaded image before sending it (the same reason as for the bullet above). 
  • The possibility to see the reasons for the rejections in all cases (For learning purposes and consequently higher quality uploads). As postet  by viritys.
  • The possibility to write a comment (the field "Why are you submitting this request?") when adding a new game.
  • Rules that are displayed for the corresponding image during upload. (e.g. the recommended size or the recommended format for screenshots, which was often discussed in the forum).
  • The same rules that are displayed to the moderators when accepting or rejecting the entries.

Edited by ultrez
typos
  • Like 4

Thanks @Jason Carr, I think the database is a very important part of Launchbox and deserves more love. :D

Also it could be good to make box packs more easily available via the downloader in Launchbox. There are so many good complete box packs. And even if they are in the database you always have to download all images per image category. But I honestly have no idea how this could be implemented in a good way.