Reasons for the rejections visible in all cases

viritys

Hi,

So first, a humble brag: 

Total Submitted Changes 14125
Total Pending Changes 1
Total Approved Changes 14107
Total Rejected Changes 17

Those 17 were all blatantly obvious, completely my fault and I got to read why. However I have made more subtle mistakes as well that have been approved that usually at least one of the moderators has noticed and most likely written a reason why they clicked the reject-button. I would suggest that even when something gets approved, the submitter could see the reasons for the rejection(s). Now I usually check whether there's one or more rejection on an approved item and if yes, double-check if I made a typo or some such. Most likely that information is already there written by the moderator rejecting said submission that I just can't see.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Hey all, rejection reasons are indeed visible by hovering over the little "i" icon on the Changes Status page. Were you just not aware of this, or am I missing something?

To my understanding those little "i" icons only come up if it has been fully rejected. If it's something like 6 approvals and 3 rejections, then you can't see what those 3 rejections were all about.

9 minutes ago, kurzih said:

To my understanding those little "i" icons only come up if it has been fully rejected. If it's something like 6 approvals and 3 rejections, then you can't see what those 3 rejections were all about.

Oic. I'll add that to my list. Honestly though I don't feel like it's a major issue, so it'll probably be a while.

• 3 weeks later...

I think this would be a great feature. I often wanted to know what the problem was but almost every upload is accepted even if I messed up. In most cases I know what I messed up but not in all. It would be also a great way to upload higher quality stuff. Is there another thread where improvements for the database handling can be discussed (ie to withdraw an own image which is in moderation)?

• Like 1

On 2/13/2021 at 11:39 PM, ultrez said:

I think this would be a great feature. I often wanted to know what the problem was but almost every upload is accepted even if I messed up. In most cases I know what I messed up but not in all. It would be also a great way to upload higher quality stuff. Is there another thread where improvements for the database handling can be discussed (ie to withdraw an own image which is in moderation)?

Feel free to create your own thread @ultrez.