LaunchBox Community Forums

Lviv PC-01 Emulation

cliffyb73

I'm having a ballache trying to get this to run. I've got it running in Mame however once it boots up you need to type BLOAD"",R then use the tape control. Easy yeah, afraid not. I can't find the , key as its a russian keyboard and ive tried every key, I can find the rest lol. Alternatively all the games can be played via browser on a mad russian forum however I want this added to Launchbox. Unless there is a way to create a file to boot from the URL. Either way I'm stumped. Does anyone have this running?

Thanks in advance.

• 4 months later...

Not sure if you already found the solution, but I found 2 ways. By default the keyboard is configured to "emulated" and 

HOME is mapped to ,

You can see this in the "Input (this Machine)" menu. Use "Scroll lock" to toggle if keyboard input goes to mame UI or to the emulated system. Then "TAB" to open the mame configuration.

Alternatively you can change the "keyboard mode" configuration to "natural" then it should use your keyboard layout.

• 1 year later...

@link182

You can automate the BLOAD"",R and CLOAD"" commands.
For Binary coded games use
lviv -ab bload\"\",r\n -autoboot_delay 6 -cass
Once BLOAD"",R has been autotyped on the screen you can enable the UI controls, start the tape then disable the UI controls again.

For BASIC coded games use
lviv -ab cload\"\"\n -autoboot_delay 6 -cass
Once CLOAD"" appears on screen, play your tape. When the tape has finished loading use the Delete key to RUN the game.

Some games have multi-part tape loading, I never tried any of those out so not sure how they load.

Edited by spycat
  • Like 1

@link182

The majority of the Lviv PC-01 games are coded in Binary with a lesser amount in BASIC, and the LaunchBox parameters for each type will be different.
As Binary games are in the majority I would use the following Associated Platforms Default Command-Line Parameters in LaunchBox:
lviv -ab bload\"\",r\n -autoboot_delay 6 -cass

For the fewer amount of BASIC games I would give each one the following Custom Command-Line Parameters which will override the default.
lviv -ab cload\"\"\n -autoboot_delay 6 -cass

Your lviv.xml file in MAME's hash folder will show you which games are Binary and which are BASIC as well as showing you which games require multi-part loading and also which games are not supported.