LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroArch PSX with 2 different cores

DeadVoivod

Mainly I use the beetle_HW core for PSX games, but some don't work, although not many. But they run fine in the PSX_ReARMed core. I now wanted to edit those non working games to start with the PSX_ReARMed core, but as they use the same emulator (RetroArch), I don't find a solution.  Can I change that in command line parameters or somewhere else? At least I'm not able to define a second RetroArch emulator. 

I do the same for Dreamcast, but there it's easier as I use 2 different standalone emulators, ReDream and Demul. 

Go to: LaunchBox > Tools > Manage emulators > RetroArch > Associated Platforms tab. Make sure that for your platform both cores are entered and set one as the default core. 

1309152219_Schermopname(141).thumb.jpg.bb6a185997f7147cbf5d6ac8a49ea2fc.jpg

Then right click the game you want to open with the non-default core > Edit > Emulation > Tick "Use Custom Command-line Parameters"  and enter: -L "cores\retroarch_core.dll" where retroarch_core.dll is the name of your core.

1923247289_Schermopname(142).thumb.jpg.4cb9c280bc3e7abf42ea3660497d8f9b.jpg

Edited by Koroth

6 minutes ago, Koroth said:

Go to: LaunchBox > Tools > Manage emulators > RetroArch > Associated Platforms tab. Make sure that for your platform both cores are entered and set one as the default core. 

1309152219_Schermopname(141).thumb.jpg.bb6a185997f7147cbf5d6ac8a49ea2fc.jpg

Then right click the game you want to open with the non-default core > Edit > Emulation > Tick "Use Custom Command-line Parameters"  and enter: -L "cores\retroarch_core.dll" where retroarch_core.dll is the name of your core.

1923247289_Schermopname(142).thumb.jpg.4cb9c280bc3e7abf42ea3660497d8f9b.jpg

You dont actually need both cores in the associated platform to use a different core, the custom command line is all that is needed in that case. If you however also want to be able to launch via either core via the right click menu, then adding them both to the associated platform tab is a good idea.

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

You dont actually need both cores in the associated platform to use a different core, the custom command line is all that is needed in that case.

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know that.

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

If you however also want to be able to launch via either core via the right click menu, then adding them both to the associated platform tab is a good idea.

In that case. If you want test with which core a game runs best, it still could come in handy.

But thanks.

2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

You dont actually need both cores in the associated platform to use a different core, the custom command line is all that is needed in that case. If you however also want to be able to launch via either core via the right click menu, then adding them both to the associated platform tab is a good idea.

Works like a charm, just put -L "cores\pcsx_rearmed_libretro.dll" in the command line. 

Btw, I don't have both cores in the associated platforms, I mean both are installed but only one is selected, they also show up when right clicking. 

Untitled.jpg

Edited by DeadVoivod