LaunchBox Community Forums

How to exit game in Ryujinx back to Big Box on my arcade cabinet.

ehsan1432

Hello There. I have recently built an arcade machine and i am struggling with quitting games in Ryujinx and going back to the Big Box/Launchbox. For example, I am trying to exit Super Mario Bros Deluxe and go back to the Big Box games wheel and i am not able to do that. I am not an expert and have been learning over the past few months. Your guidance will be highly appreciated. I would like to be able to exit the game using the arcade buttons and not a keyboard. My arcade buttons are in Xinput mode.

Edited by ehsan1432

3 hours ago, ehsan1432 said:

I would like to be able to exit the game using the arcade buttons and not a keyboard. My arcade buttons are in Xinput mode.

First, if you have not done this before, you need to set up an "exit" button. Seeing as you use your arcade buttons in Xinput mode, a xbox controller api, this must be done in the LaunchBox  and BigBox controller automation configuration.

1813817514_Schermopname(143).thumb.jpg.3b80cf438846ce218368c1c6a09bba0a.jpg

For LaunchBox go to: Tools > Options > Game Controllers >  Tick "Enable Game Controllers" and choose your device.

1443769154_Schermopname(143a).thumb.jpg.f2023453fd095fbd2eb8cabdd8abb5a8.jpg

Then go to: "Mappings" and in "Exit Game" add a button or button combination.

539530319_Schermopname(144).thumb.jpg.be437c2e0c21b715589a9862e1f481d7.jpg

In BigBox go to: Options > Controller > Tick "Enable Game Controllers" and select your device.

152329935_Schermopname(145).thumb.jpg.e3684e550bb977e2474e00cab816f087.jpg

Then go to: "Controller Mappings" and then "Close the Active Window". Again add a button or button combination to exit a game.

For Ryujinx to exit out of a game back to LaunchBox or Bigbox you need to copy/paste the following "exit script" to LaunchBox > Tools > Manage Emulators > Ryujinx > Running AutoHotKey tab:

ESC::
{	
    SetTitleMatchMode, 2
    WinWaitActive, Ryujinx
    Send !{f4}    			
}

1334321971_Schermopname(148).thumb.jpg.686386271fafc2f3624d2321496542cf.jpg

Lastly I must say, as I don't own a cabinet, I may not be able to help you with cabinet specific problems.

Thank you very much for your step by step guide. I did try it and unfortunately it did not work. I have a feeling it has to do with the game I am trying (Super Mario Bros Deluxe). 
defining the “Close The Active Window” in Big Box helped exit from other games (Steam games with the exception of SFV for some reason). 
I believe the main issue is exiting the game and not Ryujinx. I think the script provided would take care of exiting Ryujinx back to Big Box. I would appreciate more help if possible 

37 minutes ago, ehsan1432 said:

defining the “Close The Active Window” in Big Box helped exit from other games (Steam games with the exception of SFV for some reason). 

You should never close Steam (p.c.) games with the exit button, but rather through it's own menus.

37 minutes ago, ehsan1432 said:

I believe the main issue is exiting the game and not Ryujinx. I think the script provided would take care of exiting Ryujinx back to Big Box.

When exiting a game (window) in Ryujinx, you would return to the Ryujinx GUI (game selection). In this case you don't want that. You want to return to LaunchBox / BigBox. That means you want to close the game (window) and Ryujinx itself. I myself had major problems finding a script that would close the game and Ryujinx at once. But maybe a few pointers:

- Some people report that the don't need an exit script to close Ryujinx. To test: in LaunchBox > Tools > Manage Emulators > Ryujinx > Running AutoHotKey Script tab, delete the script.

- Check in Ryujinx.exe > Properties if "Run as Administrator" is unchecked.

- If this fails, try a different "exit script". For example:

$Esc::
{
WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}
} 

I will try finding another exit script for Ryujinx that could work for you, but I would encourage you searching the forum / the internet for a script that works yourself.

Also I like to make one more remark. For Switch emulation Ryujinx has it's advantages (like resolution scaling), but the other Switch emulator Yuzu is a bit more polished, run a little better on pc's that are not "gaming monsters" and in LaunchBox / BigBox certainly is easier to close. So I myself use Yuzu for most of the games and Ryujinx for games that don't play in Yuzu. 

Thanks. I am not running Ryujinx as administrator. It is unticked.

the new script worked better. It took the game from full screen to smaller screen. A pop up message came up asking if I want to exit Ryujinx. 
Is there a way to not have that pop up because I would need a mouse or a keyboard to click on that pop up message?

image.jpg

• 2 years later...

Hate to dig this up again, but I am having the same problem exiting Ryujinx.  I have the start and select combo enabled to close the active window in BigBox with an Xbox360 wireless controller, but I get no response in Ryujinx.  It works perfectly in other emulators.  I also have tried several of the AHK exit scripts to no avail.  I was hoping someone could provide a little more insight, please?