LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch 1.9.1 games not opening in Launchbox

derekDemara

Hey guys,

I just downloaded the new version of Retroarch 1.9.1. After updating I opened Bigbox/Launchbox and no games running with Retroarch are opening. I then opened retroarch and manually open different games and everything is working fine. Ive look through the forums here and have found no info on this. Any Help would be appreciated. I've since push my version in retroarch back to 1.8.9.

2 hours ago, derekDemara said:

Hey guys,

I just downloaded the new version of Retroarch 1.9.1. After updating I opened Bigbox/Launchbox and no games running with Retroarch are opening. I then opened retroarch and manually open different games and everything is working fine. Ive look through the forums here and have found no info on this. Any Help would be appreciated. I've since push my version in retroarch back to 1.8.9.

FYI, Just tested RA 1.9.1 with latest LaunchBox v11.10 and everything loads and exits as it should.

Edited by zugswang

@derekDemara I moved your post to a more appropriate thread.

When you downloaded the newer Retroarch did you place it in a new folder or did you upgrade your existing Retroarch set-up? If you placed the new version in a new folder did you go into LB and update the emulator set-up to link to the new .exe in the new folder?

If you simply updated the old version inside the same folder everything should still work as long as RA works since LB would be linked to that same .exe in that folder. Knowing exactly how you updated would be helpful in troubleshooting.

2 hours ago, Retro808 said:

When you downloaded the newer Retroarch did you place it in a new folder or did you upgrade your existing Retroarch set-up? If you placed the new version in a new folder did you go into LB and update the emulator set-up to link to the new .exe in the new folder?

If you simply updated the old version inside the same folder everything should still work as long as RA works since LB would be linked to that same .exe in that folder. Knowing exactly how you updated would be helpful in troubleshooting.

I just updated the old version. I dont know why its not working now. One weird thing is my mame games just open the retroarch menu vs. the other cores just dont do anything.

3 hours ago, Retro808 said:

So I just noticed that in manage emulators the box  (no space before ROM was checked) I unchecked and everything seems to be working fine now. Why would that be checked all of the sudden? Or if it was already checked why the change in the operation of everything?

5 minutes ago, derekDemara said:

So I just noticed that in manage emulators the box  (no space before ROM was checked) I unchecked and everything seems to be working fine now. Why would that be checked all of the sudden? Or if it was already checked why the change in the operation of everything?

It should not be on by default. I do not believe any of the updates to this version of LB affected any emulator settings except for a few emulators had a default AHK script updated.