Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch 1.9.1 games not opening in Launchbox


Recommended Posts

Hey guys,

 

I just downloaded the new version of Retroarch 1.9.1. After updating I opened Bigbox/Launchbox and no games running with Retroarch are opening. I then opened retroarch and manually open different games and everything is working fine. Ive look through the forums here and have found no info on this. Any Help would be appreciated. I've since push my version in retroarch back to 1.8.9.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, derekDemara said:

Hey guys,

 

I just downloaded the new version of Retroarch 1.9.1. After updating I opened Bigbox/Launchbox and no games running with Retroarch are opening. I then opened retroarch and manually open different games and everything is working fine. Ive look through the forums here and have found no info on this. Any Help would be appreciated. I've since push my version in retroarch back to 1.8.9.

FYI, Just tested RA 1.9.1 with latest LaunchBox v11.10 and everything loads and exits as it should.

Edited by zugswang
Link to post
Share on other sites

@derekDemara I moved your post to a more appropriate thread.

When you downloaded the newer Retroarch did you place it in a new folder or did you upgrade your existing Retroarch set-up? If you placed the new version in a new folder did you go into LB and update the emulator set-up to link to the new .exe in the new folder?

If you simply updated the old version inside the same folder everything should still work as long as RA works since LB would be linked to that same .exe in that folder. Knowing exactly how you updated would be helpful in troubleshooting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Retro808 said:

@derekDemara I moved your post to a more appropriate thread.

When you downloaded the newer Retroarch did you place it in a new folder or did you upgrade your existing Retroarch set-up? If you placed the new version in a new folder did you go into LB and update the emulator set-up to link to the new .exe in the new folder?

If you simply updated the old version inside the same folder everything should still work as long as RA works since LB would be linked to that same .exe in that folder. Knowing exactly how you updated would be helpful in troubleshooting.

I just updated the old version. I dont know why its not working now. One weird thing is my mame games just open the retroarch menu vs. the other cores just dont do anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Retro808 said:

@derekDemara I moved your post to a more appropriate thread.

When you downloaded the newer Retroarch did you place it in a new folder or did you upgrade your existing Retroarch set-up? If you placed the new version in a new folder did you go into LB and update the emulator set-up to link to the new .exe in the new folder?

If you simply updated the old version inside the same folder everything should still work as long as RA works since LB would be linked to that same .exe in that folder. Knowing exactly how you updated would be helpful in troubleshooting.

So I just noticed that in manage emulators the box  (no space before ROM was checked) I unchecked and everything seems to be working fine now. Why would that be checked all of the sudden? Or if it was already checked why the change in the operation of everything?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, derekDemara said:

So I just noticed that in manage emulators the box  (no space before ROM was checked) I unchecked and everything seems to be working fine now. Why would that be checked all of the sudden? Or if it was already checked why the change in the operation of everything?

It should not be on by default. I do not believe any of the updates to this version of LB affected any emulator settings except for a few emulators had a default AHK script updated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...