LaunchBox Community Forums

VisibleCount Problems 11.10

After having downloaded 11.10 I encountered some problems in the behavior of some of my custom created themes with Community Theme Creator. 

After lots of trial and error I was able to reproduce the problems accurately starting from a clean copy duplicate of the Default theme that ships with 11.10.

It has to do with the VisibleCount property within coverFlow:FlowControl

I modified a copy of 11.10's Default theme PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml

The following are the issues I encountered:

VisibleCount="any negative integer" If it's set to -1, -2 or -3 the images are not displayed at all. Whereas previous to 11.10 they would be displayed with negative integers. As noted in the documentation the backend automatically adds 3 images, so to display less than 3 images at a time, we can use negative integers.

VisibleCount="0" Returns a Cannot divide by 0 Error forcing BigBox to restart. VisibleCount as 0 used to work previous to 11.10 as backend usually adds 3.

VisibleCount="1" When you scroll to end of the platform list the scrolling stops and doesn't allow you to loop back to the beginning. Forcing you to go back up. Once you get back to the beginning of the list, it allows you to loop back to the last item but at a certain point the down arrow key stops working completely forcing you to scroll in only one direction. 

Can anyone confirm? This should be easily reproducible in any theme, default or otherwise, not sure if it's a current bug or if the backend has changed in regards to VisibleCount. 

Thanks

VisibleCount is the number of items you want to be displayed at any given time (useful to make sure you don't overload the user system trying to load too many items at once). Having a number that isn't greater than 0 doesn't make sense for that property. I was unaware the documents read the way they did and will make sure to correct them.

When testing your claims I did find there are issues when setting VisibleCount to 1. Two items show instead of 1, and as you stated if endless is true it doesn't wrap correctly. Both issues I will look into resolving.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update @C-Beats 

Yeah exactly in a theme I'm building I want one item to show at a time, I resolved that by keeping the VisibleCount at 2 for now and just increasing the Spacing. 

Also depending on how you might resolve the "0" Error I let @y2guru know maybe in a future version he can disable setting VisibleCount to 0 so that no one runs into that issue moving forward.

Thanks again

4 minutes ago, nicolasonline said:

Thanks for the update @C-Beats 

Yeah exactly in a theme I'm building I want one item to show at a time, I resolved that by keeping the VisibleCount at 2 for now and just increasing the Spacing. 

Also depending on how you might resolve the "0" Error I let @y2guru know maybe in a future version he can disable setting VisibleCount to 0 so that no one runs into that issue moving forward.

Thanks again

You could also set a style trigger to hide the item (Visibility:Hidden or Opacity:0) if the FlowContext.IsItemSelected property is false.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

You could also set a style trigger to hide the item (Visibility:Hidden or Opacity:0) if the FlowContext.IsItemSelected property is false.

I can patch the forum version of the creator to ensure visible count is 1 or greater, I’ll put that fix out after work today

• Like 1