LaunchBox Community Forums

RecRoom Masters 4 player controller Cup Holders

slikk66

Designed and printed these for my control board: https://www.recroommasters.com/Xtension-4-Player-Control-Board-Ultimate-Edition-p/rm-xt-sd-board-4p-ult.htm

I thought they turned out well so figured I'd post them to here and thingiverse:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4835261

20210421_075014.jpg

20210421_075247.jpg

RRM-4Player-CupHolder-R.stl RRM-4Player-CupHolder-L.stl

Edited by slikk66
fix link

14 hours ago, damageinc86 said:

is that an existing bolt hole that it uses?  These look very nice.

Yes, it's an existing bolt hole used to anchor the controller to the frame.  There's also a small silver screw head underneath the top plate which I added an indention on the bottom to make room for it.  They're also angled 7 degrees so that the cupholder is straight up and down, and handles the control deck's angle, here's a better picture.

image.thumb.png.e8d7c9f2d2e068de81cc6c12972d6d2c.pngimage.thumb.png.b17c595c5a374a1e247d1ece6d395c84.png

20210422_121744 (1).jpg

1 minute ago, damageinc86 said:

That is a fantastic design.  i can't wait to finally get a recroom cab with control panel.  I want the one that has the trackball, spinner, and 4-way joystick in addition to the 8-way sticks.

Yes, I went back and forth on whether to get the 4 player controller or the 2 player "emulation plus" I think it is called with the 4 way joystick and spinners.  I figured if the 4 player doesn't prove itself to be a "great" addition in the next 6 months or a year, I'll probably switch to that controller and sell this one.  So far, I've not played 4 players (or even 3) but the cramped area for the trackball has hampered golden tee, and the kids get pissed off and quit because pacman and donkey kong "the stupid joystick doesn't work!"

1 hour ago, slikk66 said:

Yes, I went back and forth on whether to get the 4 player controller or the 2 player "emulation plus" I think it is called with the 4 way joystick and spinners.  I figured if the 4 player doesn't prove itself to be a "great" addition in the next 6 months or a year, I'll probably switch to that controller and sell this one.  So far, I've not played 4 players (or even 3) but the cramped area for the trackball has hampered golden tee, and the kids get pissed off and quit because pacman and donkey kong "the stupid joystick doesn't work!"

My brother has the one with the 4-way stick and spinner. Well worth it for the 4-way stick. Like you kids, I get so frustrated playing games like Frogger and DK with my 8-way setup. Im glad he went with that one since 4 player games are hardly ever used.