LaunchBox Community Forums

SNES database : game missing

Thierry6768

Hello,

I am a beginner and have just discovered Launchbox.

I wanted to start by adding the SNES fullset of "No-Intro" containing 3402 SNES roms.

Problem is, Launchbox recognized only 1861 roms after scanning the fullset folder.

In particular, there are a lot of missing European games.

Is this normal?

Edited by Thierry6768

Is it possible that famous game like "Secret of Mana" in French version is not in the database of launchbox? So much of the games that launchbox did not recognize... I don't understand.

Does Launchbox's database include Fullsets or incomplete sets?

I tried include "duplicate" game but that not solved the problem...

:(

Edited by Thierry6768

18 minutes ago, Thierry6768 said:

Is it possible that famous game like "Secret of Mana" in French version is not in the database of launchbox? So much of the games that launchbox did not recognize... I don't understand.

Does Launchbox's database include Fullsets or incomplete sets?

I tried include "duplicate" game but that not solved the problem...

:(

Are you selecting the games from the Games folder in Launchbox ?

9 minutes ago, Thierry6768 said:

No, I choose a custom folder. But I don't think its a problem, because i have a lot of games (mainly USA and J) that are recognized, but a few Europe games only... (in No Intro full sets).

I have found it works much better if you put them in the Games folder.

Also better for adding and removing roms in future, as when in a custom folder it will not pick up new roms for example (at least for me anyway)

Edited by zugswang

Sounds like the regions have been combined, by default Launchbox will combine all region variations of the game into 1 entry (usually the NA release).

Easy way to check is right click on Secret of Mana and see if you have these options.

som.thumb.jpg.e71fa36ba2c87102f3943f9083624aa5.jpg

Edited by IainSA

1 hour ago, Thierry6768 said:

No, I choose a custom folder. But I don't think its a problem, because i have a lot of games (mainly USA and J) that are recognized, but a few Europe games only... (in No Intro full sets).

It imported all games fine with normal settings from the Games Folder in Launchbox.

snes.jpg

Edited by zugswang