LaunchBox Community Forums

Flinkken

Hello,

I have a delicate issue which i have tried get my head around for some time now, ive tried googling a solution but allways end up nowhere or generally something about one end of the issue,

I have a little Intel Nuc with bluetooth LMP 8 core 4.2 and i have connected 2 Playstation 4 controllers to this NUC, i use retroarch for emulating most of the emulators and two specific ones for gamecube and ps2 (dolphin and pcsx2)

I also use Ds4windows Ryochan7 version 3.0.1 currently.

Now to my issue, ive been trying to get my ps4 controllers to act as when i start either one of the controller in random order i want the first controller starting up to act as player 1 which i have created a profile named "player 1" in ds4windows and a "player 2" profile aswell, my problem is that whenever i switch to the other controller in one situation because of low battery example, that controller gets profile "player 1" as it should in ds4windows, but in retroarch i will have to remap buttons and reconfigure that controller as "input 1" if i switch controller.

Maybe this is an easy configuration or its impossible to get it to work this way, does anyone have some thoughts on approach or ideas to make this happen?

Br Flinkken

On 5/4/2021 at 9:16 PM, Mr. RetroLust said:

Windows works the same way a ps4 would (as far as my experiences go) when you activate a controller it will act as player 1, second controller activated will be player 2. In your situation a simple swap controllers in person would suffice.

Swapping controllers is the problem though, i have to reconfigure player 1 in retroarch everytime. its like it remembers the controller by its ID or something.

38 minutes ago, Flinkken said:

Swapping controllers is the problem though, i have to reconfigure player 1 in retroarch everytime. its like it remembers the controller by its ID or something.

Correct, its a Windows issue. there are sort of solutions if you google them.