LaunchBox Community Forums

File extension on \Data\Platforms is not the same on edit game window

mtib

Hi, ok will try to be short as possible. I had a bunch of .zip mame roms. So now I have an updated set but as .7z file. I cannot just rename the extension from the file, it doesn´t work, already tried. So I edited the Arcade.xml file on \Data\Platforms and replaced all .zip to .7z. But even so, it didn`t change. What I am doing wrong? v. 11.11

Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.960244c8d7bcaae9b6e6d66a600a9b1f.JPG

Unbenannt2.thumb.JPG.658a9debe07feda7ee565d55bfe1ed3d.JPG

Edited by mtib

You can't do the replacements with LaunchBox or Big Box open. Have to close both down and ensure have completely closed via Task Manager before you can update the xml file. Then once you start either application back up you should see the change.

Sure thing, it was closed! I did already with other platforms and it works, but is something with this platform which is not right. Maybe is something related that I used the Mame Full Set Importer on Launchbox? Maybe I have to change another xml instead of this?

54 minutes ago, mtib said:

Sure thing, it was closed! I did already with other platforms and it works, but is something with this platform which is not right. Maybe is something related that I used the Mame Full Set Importer on Launchbox? Maybe I have to change another xml instead of this?

Is there any chance that Arcade - Kopie.xml (which can be seen in the background of image 1) is a copy of your original arcade.xml BEFORE you changed from .zip to .7z

If so try making the changes to Arcade.xml with LaunchBox closed, plus deleting (or just moving out of the data folder) the Arcade - Kopie.xml and then open LaunchBox and see if the changes have worked.

Edited by Kiinkyfoxx

This is something we have mentioned to many users. Typically though it is because we see a user will have an Arcade.xaml and then something like Arcade_Backup.xaml in the \Data folder and that will cause an issue. Inside the \Data folder LB will have trouble reading xaml files if you have the platform name in there more than once, even if one of the files is slightly named differently.