LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox Default Platform Category to Start On

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if there was a way to customize which platform category BigBox starts on when launched (with Platform Categories being the default view).  Currently it defaults to starting on one of my last categories (alphabetically) and I'd like it to start off on "Arcade".  This is using LaunchBox/BigBox 11.6.  Thanks!

I also would like this option, i like the Arcade startup video on launch (after BB's intro vid) but mine starts with Amstrad CPC, which is rather lacking in sound. You need a good sounding platform when showing it off to friends :) Lets not talk about the ZX81 theme video....

My plan, i'm going to try this in a minute, is simply to retitle arcade as ".arcade" so its alphabetically first. Should work...

17 minutes ago, hitm4n said:

I also would like this option, i like the Arcade startup video on launch (after BB's intro vid) but mine starts with Amstrad CPC, which is rather lacking in sound. You need a good sounding platform when showing it off to friends :) Lets not talk about the ZX81 theme video....

My plan, i'm going to try this in a minute, is simply to retitle arcade as ".arcade" so its alphabetically first. Should work...

Just right click the platform in Launchbox and put a sort name in.

Untitled.thumb.png.8c56f785f92fad8fe844a010c5ec50a0.png

• 9 months later...

I have a playlist that shows in my main, platform folder, and I want it to be the default when BigBox opens.  I tried making the Sort Title 'A', and the subsequent Platforms 'B', 'C',...  But unfortunately it puts my Platforms (B, C, D..) first, then the Playlist last.  Any simple way around this?

EDIT: Figured it out.  Options/Views/Default Start View & changed to Playlists.

Edited by curtis-r