LaunchBox Community Forums

ummmm... missing 'quick menu' in retroarch

HappyDavePants

I'm going bonkers!! I just don't seem to have 'quick menu' ANYWHERE in retro arch. I can see hotkeys to bind with a controller, but that's it.

I also checked retroarch.cfg and it's all set to true... 

What am I missing here? 

I tried to look online though everything points to accessing quick menu while in a game, again binding controller hotkeys. 

It's driving me nuts!

Thanks,

David

4 hours ago, HappyDavePants said:

Man you guys are awesome! What a great community!!!!!

Yeah that works.. I wonder how other people seem to get it showing on the side bar constantly.. I always see it in youtube videos, though I have no idea how they get it there

The quick menu shows options related to the core or game loaded at that time, hence it is not available at all without something loaded inside of retroarch.

• 1 year later...

I Have the updated version of this and since it has the the hotkeys where you set a combo of buttons when I press the buttons on my PS3 Controller it automatically closes Retroarch and I just want to know WTH is going on and how can I get it to just go to the Quick Menu I own a mac BTW

Edited by KallmeMikey

• 2 months later...

Can I open Quick menu of Retroarch through Launchbox (when I run a dos game)? I tried everything but nothing.
I run the same game from Retroch Arch and all video configs and Quick menu works. I run the same game from Launchbox but the video configs and Quick menu doesn't work.