LaunchBox Community Forums

Bigbox clear logos not indexing

kpop

Ive had this problem for a long time now, where i go in to bigbox and go to any platform say mame, and scroll to a letter and bigbox takes along time indexing the clear logos of the games and the space where the clear logos are is blank, once its indexed all the games for the platform, if i go back out to the menu then back in, its fine, but restart bigbox and it has to to do it all over again, i have force populated all artwork and refreshed still the same,i upgraded my collection from a hd and put it on a ssd thinking that would fix the bottleneck still just the same, specs are a amd ryzen apu 2200g 8 gigs ram

7 minutes ago, kpop said:

Ive had this problem for a long time now, where i go in to bigbox and go to any platform say mame, and scroll to a letter and bigbox takes along time indexing the clear logos of the games and the space where the clear logos are is blank, once its indexed all the games for the platform, if i go back out to the menu then back in, its fine, but restart bigbox and it has to to do it all over again, i have force populated all artwork and refreshed still the same,i upgraded my collection from a hd and put it on a ssd thinking that would fix the bottleneck still just the same, specs are a amd ryzen apu 2200g 8 gigs ram

Same issue here, only noticed this on recent updates of Launchbox.

I've also had the same issue, I was just about to start a thread but saw this and figured I'd best post in here rather than start a new thread. The issue has been reported in the 11.12 Beta thread but I'm using version 11.11 and also experiencing the issue, so I think it's important to note this outside the Beta thread too as the problem doesn't seem specific to that beta version. It's actually only started doing this recently so I'm wondering if maybe the problem lies with a Windows update or an update to graphics drivers or something like that which may have affected it or be incompatible with it? Just a possibilty maybe.

I'll give a bit more specific info but I'm basically having the same issue the OP is, when I select a platform in BigBox the Clear Logos for the games for that platform are only shown for the currently selected game and the games immediately either side of it. The problem occurs both when using Clear Logos in the vertical wheel and also game box art / Coverflow images in horizontal wheels, and the problem happens regardless of which theme I'm using. The images display eventually but take an incredibly long time to populate, and if I leave a platform and return to it the problem comes back, with the images missing again.

I saw in the Beta thread that people had suggested clearing out the Cache-BB folder but this made it worse, they took even longer to populate after doing this and once populated, if I leave the system then come back again most of them are missing and I have to wait for them to populate again. I've also tried going into options and force populating the game wheel and coverflow images, this fixes the issue temporarily but once I close BigBox down I end up having the same problem again once I start it up next time, just as Kpop reports.

So yeah, I was hoping people might be able to help with this, or resolve the issue in the next update but I mainly wanted to draw attention to it and give as much specific info as I could, as I say people have reported it in the latest Beta thread but it would appear this could be a more general problem. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks :)

4 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Any information about what view/theme you are using would be helpful to know as well.

FYI, i am using CriticalZoneV2 and have noticed this issue over the past week.

Also on latest Launchbox beta version.

Screenshot (174).png

Edited by zugswang