LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't get Atomiswave/Naomi (Flycast/Reicast) to work after GPU upgrade.

TathanLIVE

Hey folks!

I have been running my Launchbox/Bigbox with Retroarch and internal cores with no issues for months, but after upgrading my GPU, problems came.

I upgraded from a GTX 1060 to R6800.

Didn't changed any setting, but all those games are now broken, no way to make them work with Flycast/Reicast.

I also get the next messages

"Failed to load content" "Please upgrade to MAME romsets or expect issues" 

Any advice? Many thanks!

SOLVED: Issue was that my Bios were downloaded but in a wrong place. Don't know why they worked well before or how they managed to move, but now it's running well!

Edited by TathanLIVE

10 hours ago, TathanLIVE said:

"Failed to load content" "Please upgrade to MAME romsets or expect issues" 

This clearly states the issue and will be completely unrelated to the GPU change. Just sounds like the reicast core changed the files it accepts and yours are no longer supported, and you need to use the MAME roms instead. Im sure its all documented on there wiki, like all the needed files and bios's always are. 

Well, first of all thank you very much for your answers.

I have done a backup of my MAME files, and reimported a small fullset (70gb) including KoFXI and so on in Launchbox. 

When my import will be over, I'll try to run them once again, and if they don't work I'll try with @neil9000 file... hoping that it will work... Thank you very much for your help!:)

14 hours ago, zugswang said:

You only need to replace your existing bin/lst files with the roms from your MAME set, not the whole set, just in case that's what you were thinking.

Well, thanks, I just reimported a whole arcade set in my Launchbox which is now making duplicate entries (KoFXI in arcade + KoFXI in "Sega Atomiswave" folder)...

By the way, I tried to run my zip manually with Flycast and then Reicast, but nothing changed... Keeps crashing.

When I run it through MAME directly, it works, but with a lot of issues which is normal. Why doesn't it happen when I run it through Retroarch + Flycast?. Now that I tried to do it in a cleaner way, Retroarch opens well, but gets stucked and unresponsive before loading the game (using bin+lst), when I try to do the same with the mame zips, they just don't work.

(NB: Know any fast way to sort those games or should I do it one by one? Sorry for being so dumb. I had made a lot of things in my Hyperspin times, but I haven't got so much time to entertain anymore. ^^)

Edited by TathanLIVE

5 minutes ago, zugswang said:

Look for these in your MAME romset for Sammy Atomiswave

Here's how my bios looks like, it shouldn't give problems in my opinion after reading libretro docs... And even less problems while running them manually through Retroarch... 

Once again, thank you very much for your answers!

image.png

24 minutes ago, zugswang said:

Have you checked you have bios files for RA ?

In RA, load flycast core, then go to information then core information and make sure you have all bios files required.

Screenshot (261).png

The only ones that are missing are the optional ones. So I presume it isn't related...

image.png

The Naomi bios are only marked as optional as its really a Dreamcast core and you dont need Naomi bios for Dreamcast games, hence the "Optional" part of that. If you want to actually run Naomi then they are "Essential" not "Optional". Same with Atomiswave.

• The Cake is a Lie 1

• 4 weeks later...

Problem came back after trying to use Vulkan again. I wiped all my retroarch folder, wiped my amd drivers, but nothing works. Game just runs fine when using GL... and crashes when using Vulkan. 

Quite weird because my /vulkaninfo looks good. 

And even my retroarch settings seem to work normally :

[INFO] === Build =======================================
[INFO] CPU Model Name: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor
[INFO] Capacit├®s:  MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE4 SSE4.2 AES AVX AVX2
[INFO] Built: Jun 16 2021
[INFO] Version: 1.9.5
[INFO] Git: 10f0073
[INFO] =================================================
[INFO] [Input]: Found input driver: "dinput".
[INFO] [Environ]: SET_PIXEL_FORMAT: RGB565.
[INFO] Version de l'API libretro: 1
[INFO] Compil├® avec l'API: 1
[INFO] [Audio]: Set audio input rate to: 48000.00 Hz.
[INFO] [Video]: Video @ fullscreen
[INFO] [Vulkan]: Vulkan dynamic library loaded.
[INFO] [Vulkan]: Found vulkan context: vk_w
[INFO] [Vulkan]: Detecting screen resolution 2560x1440.
[INFO] [Vulkan]: Found GPU at index 0: AMD Radeon RX 6800
[INFO] [Vulkan]: Using GPU index 0.
[INFO] [Vulkan]: Using GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800
[INFO] [Vulkan]: Queue family 0 supports 1 sub-queues.
[INFO] [Vulkan]: Using resolution 2560x1440
[INFO] [Vulkan]: Using RGB565 format.
[INFO] [Vulkan]: Loading stock shader.
[INFO] [XInput]: Found XInput v1.4.
[INFO] [Joypad]: Found joypad driver: "xinput".
[INFO] [Font]: Using font rendering backend: freetype.
[INFO] [Video]: Found display server: win32
[INFO] [XAudio2]: Requesting 64 ms latency, using 64 ms latency.
[INFO] [Display]: Found display driver: "vulkan".
[INFO] [SRAM]: La SRAM ne sera pas sauvegard├®e.
[INFO] [Playlist]: Chargement du fichier d'historique: [C:\Users\goget\LaunchBox\Emulators\Retroarch\content_history.lpl].
[INFO] [Playlist]: Chargement du fichier d'historique: [C:\Users\goget\LaunchBox\Emulators\Retroarch\content_music_history.lpl].
[INFO] [Playlist]: Chargement du fichier d'historique: [C:\Users\goget\LaunchBox\Emulators\Retroarch\content_video_history.lpl].
[INFO] [Playlist]: Chargement du fichier d'historique: [C:\Users\goget\LaunchBox\Emulators\Retroarch\content_image_history.lpl].
[INFO] [Playlist]: Chargement du fichier des favoris: [C:\Users\goget\LaunchBox\Emulators\Retroarch\content_favorites.lpl].

image.png

image.png

• 3 months later...