LaunchBox Community Forums

start up videos

41 minutes ago, discostu58 said:

put the video you want in the videos folder and call it "startup".  Try that.  

That's the old way that was changed quite a few version ago. I believe from another post the user did have it in that format. 

3 hours ago, ashez2pheonix1992 said:

so i downloaded a couple start up video and i have it in the video folder labeled startup. i hear the audio but the video isnt playing, how do i  fix this? LaunchBox\Videos\startup

Are you using VLC or Windows Media for you video setting in BigBox?

If you change to the other option you are not using what happens?

Have you made sure all you drivers are updated?

Safe to assume platform and game play videos work fine once you are in BigBox?

@ashez2pheonix1992 GPD Win 3 by any chance? I'm having the same issue as you.

I'm on the latest Intel Beta drivers. I've also tried toggling the video setting in the BigBox menu to Windows Media Player which fixes the videos inside BigBox but not the startup video (I think that may use VLC regardless of the setting). 

Edited by alondero

Guessing it's the XE driver of the 1135/65 (the Max used an older generation Intel Iris). Switch to using Windows Media Player which will at least let the videos inside BigBox play. Looks like we'll have to wait for Intel's drivers to improve here, or maybe if there's some way to force the startup video to play using Windows Media Player?

Edited by alondero

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, alondero said:

@ashez2pheonix1992 try the latest beta of the Intel Drivers - installed this morning and now my start up video is playing!

@ashez2pheonix1992 try the latest beta of the Intel Drivers - installed this morning and now my start up video is playing!

Thanks man I installed it and works like a charm.

15 hours ago, Dynamite Jewduh said:

Are your videos playing with VLC on the latest drivers? I'm using the Win 3 as well 1165g7. Windows Media Player works but I'd rather use VLC cause of the compatibility issues.

Yep just switched back to using VLC and everything is working great!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, alondero said:

Yep just switched back to using VLC and everything is working great!

I installed the latest beta and still have black videos when using VLC. Windows Media Player seems to be the only one working still. I wonder why mines isn't working.

Edit: Now its working lol Thanks brother! It looks like all videos are fixed. I noticed theme videos under manage themes work as well.

Edited by Dynamite Jewduh