LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't import Atomiswave roms

sagaopc

It has nothing to do with folder location. For some reason when selecting to use the Mame data LB is not recognizing the games. You can uncheck that option and LB will find the games. So it seems to be having trouble finding the Sammy roms matched against the Mame.xml. I will let Jason know.

7 minutes ago, zugswang said:

I am finding that anytime I try to import added roms on any system that none are detected each time.

If I then move my games into the Launchbox games folder, then when I want to try to add games they are detected without issue.

I have used Launchbox for years and for me this has always been an issue.

When you use an external folder for you roms do you go into LB and change the default Games folder location of the platform?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

When you use an external folder for you roms do you go into LB and change the default Games folder location of the platform?

That done the trick, thanks

I thought that changed when you selected the roms folder when you first setup the system, but obviously not.

Yet something else I have now learned :)

• Game On 1

• 2 weeks later...

I take advantage of this thread, since i solved these issues with Naomi, Atomis etc etc using a third partyplugin (mame xml importer beta 0.001) that use the mame.xml data structure when parsing roms name.
In this way you have ALL THE TITLES PROPERLY filled and you can easily hide clones if you like.

I don't know how it works scraping with Launchbox database, i know that is difficult and i'm not a programmer, but it would be good having the chance to preserve the title name when Launchbox Id is found, generally Launchbox name is "simplified"

I would have another question, but maybe is better waiting a fix , when i import using third party plugin i noted that if i select download metadata and media of "Sammy Atomiswave" for example, all the clones comes back again to be visibile.