LaunchBox Community Forums

Using both an Xbox 360 controller for Virtua Fighter 2 and an Aimtrak light gun for gun games for Sega Model 2 Emulator

pantonio3

Sorry for any confusion in my earlier posts - I got everything working exactly the way I wanted it to work using the AHK scripts. I had already been using Demulshooter, but even if you are using Demulshooter, my understanding is that you have to set the UserRawInput setting in the EMULATION.INI file to 1 if you want to use two light guns, because only if this setting is set to 1 will the Model 2 emulator recognize 2 mice, or 2 lightguns if you are setting them up as such. If you set the RawUserInput setting to 1, I think it disables the ability to use XBOX 360 controllers, so you can't switch from gun games using 2 guns to fighting games using an Xbox controller without changing settings in the EMULATOR.INI file. Using the AHK script that Headrush69 provided in his initial response, I set up 2 exe files to use for gun and fighting games, and added these exe files as additional applications in Launchbox. I thought about exploring the 2 emulator option, but I like all my Sega Model 2 games being listed under the same emulator in launchbox. Now everything runs seamlessly. I can pick up my Harmony remote, turn on my system, use the same remote to select the game, and then just start shooting or fighting. It can be tedious, but setting up launchbox is kind of cool.

23 minutes ago, pantonio3 said:

Sorry for any confusion in my earlier posts - I got everything working exactly the way I wanted it to work using the AHK scripts. I had already been using Demulshooter, but even if you are using Demulshooter, my understanding is that you have to set the UserRawInput setting in the EMULATION.INI file to 1 if you want to use two light guns, because only if this setting is set to 1 will the Model 2 emulator recognize 2 mice, or 2 lightguns if you are setting them up as such. If you set the RawUserInput setting to 1, I think it disables the ability to use XBOX 360 controllers, so you can't switch from gun games using 2 guns to fighting games using an Xbox controller without changing settings in the EMULATOR.INI file.

If you have it working that's what matters, but I think you are confusing several things.

I have xbox controllers, light guns and several other controllers and I use them all without enabling raw input in emulator.ini

When you are using Demulshooter, it handles the raw input, not the m2emulator itself. Demulshooter injects/patches the support into the emulator as needed. You can leave your xbox controllers working without changing anything and just run Demulshooter when needed for light gun games.

Great that you got it working!! That is the ultimate goal here.

2 hours ago, pantonio3 said:

I thought about exploring the 2 emulator option, but I like all my Sega Model 2 games being listed under the same emulator in launchbox.

I don't know exactly what you mean with "being listed under the same emulator in LaunchBox", but I interpret it as "being listed under the same platform in LaunchBox". In that case: You can add multiple instances of an emulator to LaunchBox. First make a copy of the folder of the emulator and rename it to something else. In this case lets call it m2emulator Gun. Run the emulator and configure it to your liking. When you add this emulator to LaunchBox also give it a different name. Lets name this emulator "Sega Model 2 Emulator Gun". In the Emulator Application Path point to the second folder of your emulator. Make sure all the setting are the same as your first emulator.

2063805864_Schermopname(17).thumb.jpg.caa05b39bc79821bf396f8eb4f834dce.jpg

Then go to the game you want to launch with the second emulator. Right click > Edit > Emulation and from the dropdown box choose your second emulator. If you want to change it for multiple games at once, click your games while holding control > Right click 1 of the selected games > Edit > Next > in the dropdown box select "Emulator" and in "Value" select your emulator. (Sega Model 2 Emulator Gun). All your games under 1 platform.

755526360_Schermopname(19).thumb.jpg.72f95f5771be854546da84297799bb37.jpg

Edited by Koroth

I'm not sure if I have something set incorrectly in Demulshooter, but if I set the UserRawInput setting to 0 in the ini file, even if I am running Demulshooter, the emulator only let's me use 1 lightgun, the 2nd one doesn't work. I have everything set up more or less the way I want it now, and setting up the exe files for each game is a little tedious, but if there is an easier way to do things either through Demulshooter or bat files, I'm all ears.

10 hours ago, pantonio3 said:

There are not a lot of options in the Demulshooter GUI exe, so not sure if there is something I might be doing wrong there.

I have no experience with Demulshooter, so I can't help you there.

10 hours ago, pantonio3 said:

setting up the exe files for each game is a little tedious, but if there is an easier way to do things either through Demulshooter or bat files, I'm all ears.

Dude, set up a second emulator and be done with it. I gave you instructions how to do it.  Why do you insist in doing it the hard way. BTW. In one of his comments Headrush69 linked to a Demulshooter setup guide. Maybe you should read that.

Edited by Koroth