LaunchBox Community Forums

Metadata downloader crashes launchbox

Amiiben18

I want to update my metadata and only checked the stuff from emu movies for download. It takes a few minutes then sends back an error for a handful of videos that couldn't be downloaded. After selecting to keep the metadata despite the errors it goes through the "finishing up" process and windows detects that it isn't responding. Do I just have to wait a really long time for it to finish up and ignore the windows prompt or am I doing something wrong?

10 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Do you get any error when it crashes or does LB just shutdown?

Do you have logs turned on in your LB tools settings?

I don't get any error, it just freezes and windows shuts it down when i choose to stop waiting, I'll turn on logs and go through the download process again. What I want to do is get video clips for my games in big box, instead it just shows the title screen. I am also paying for emumovies pro.

I think the issue might have to do with my library size. I can select to only download from a certain platform category and it works. But when I select all of my games it brushes over every game and crashes. I am currently downloading just for 2 player arcade games and it seems to be working. But It would be SUPER convenient if downloading for all my games worked.