LaunchBox Community Forums

Help me with a solution: game titles

Loud_Lou

So im wanting to organize my games and make them into something special with the Launchbox/Bigbox Colorful setup.  I'm totally ok with getting the lifetime membership but before i do, i want to know if there is an easier way to rename games into a format that will be accepted/understood by the applications.  Ideally id prefer not to have to spend 20+ hours manually renaming game titles from all the consoles so before i spend the money only to not have the motivation to rename manually if it comes to that...is there an easier way to rename everything in a format that would be understood?

18 hours ago, Loud_Lou said:

So im wanting to organize my games and make them into something special with the Launchbox/Bigbox Colorful setup.  I'm totally ok with getting the lifetime membership but before i do, i want to know if there is an easier way to rename games into a format that will be accepted/understood by the applications.  Ideally id prefer not to have to spend 20+ hours manually renaming game titles from all the consoles so before i spend the money only to not have the motivation to rename manually if it comes to that...is there an easier way to rename everything in a format that would be understood?

Hi @Loud_Lou. Normally, you shouldn't need to rename your files or game titles in order for LaunchBox to launch your games. Are you able to clarify a more specific use case, for particular games, for what you are wanting to do?

Just now, Loud_Lou said:

It's not that it wouldn't play (sorry for not being clear) it's that it won't show box art.  I'm remediating it by getting a no-intro list which should fix it from what I hear.

You dont strictly speaking need No-Intro naming (although that is preferred and what our logic is based off of) as long as you roms are not horrendously named we should be able to match them, but that does of course rely on the names not having a ton of needless/useless extra data in the file names. Do you have a couple of examples of file names that were not matched to games we do have in the database?