LaunchBox Community Forums

Get bezel to work?

Zeaede

Im trying to get a bezel to work with Rocketlauncher, using gambatte_libretro core with Retroarch

This is what ia want using COINOPS with GAMEBOY

bezel1.thumb.jpg.a23261b1791430a11f89c1c1ccaca2ee.jpg

When trying to do the same with RocketLauncher and Retroarch it looks like this

Is it possible to move location so the game screen can fit inside the wholethe green frame?

bezel2.thumb.jpg.df65b224d42c940147bbdffb3915473a.jpg

53 minutes ago, Zeaede said:

Im trying to get a bezel to work with Rocketlauncher, using gambatte_libretro core with Retroarch

This is what ia want using COINOPS with GAMEBOY

bezel1.thumb.jpg.a23261b1791430a11f89c1c1ccaca2ee.jpg

When trying to do the same with RocketLauncher and Retroarch it looks like this

Is it possible to move location so the game screen can fit inside the wholethe green frame?

bezel2.thumb.jpg.df65b224d42c940147bbdffb3915473a.jpg

Yes that's possible in retroarch. I don't know about Rocketlauncher. I've tried setting up Rocketlauncher a while back, but decided that I don't want to introduce another software that might cause problems. So I cannot tell you how to do it in rocketlauncher.

In Retroarch, do the following: After launching a game go into the retroarch main menu and select video, then scaling. Go to aspect ratio and select "custom". Now change the values to move the screen around and fit it into the bezel. Afterwards make sure to navigate back to the menu of the currently running rom and select "save core override" if you want all games using the same retroarch core to fit the bezel like that. If you use the same core for different systems (e.g. Gameboy and Gameboy Color), you might want to use "content directory override". Your gameboy and gameboy color roms must be located in different directories for this to work.

Thanks to fast respond

With Rocketlauncher i have a bezel ini

Inside that i have this

[General]
Bezel Screen Top Left X Coordinate=807
Bezel Screen Top Left Y Coordinate=288
Bezel Screen Bottom Right X Coordinate=1753
Bezel Screen Bottom Right Y Coordinate=1150

Dosen't change much whatever i try to change?

With Retroarch alone i don't get it to work

With new RA 1.9.0 playing game, i don't know what button to press to activate anything?

It was more easier with earlier versions of RA before they changed the layout from that blue thing to what it is now

Edited by Zeaede

16 minutes ago, SiriusVI said:

Yes that's possible in retroarch. I don't know about Rocketlauncher. I've tried setting up Rocketlauncher a while back, but decided that I don't want to introduce another software that might cause problems. So I cannot tell you how to do it in rocketlauncher.

In Retroarch, do the following: After launching a game go into the retroarch main menu and select video, then scaling. Go to aspect ratio and select "custom". Now change the values to move the screen around and fit it into the bezel. Afterwards make sure to navigate back to the menu of the currently running rom and select "save core override" if you want all games using the same retroarch core to fit the bezel like that. If you use the same core for different systems (e.g. Gameboy and Gameboy Color), you might want to use "content directory override". Your gameboy and gameboy color roms must be located in different directories for this to work.

Extract this into you gameboy bezels folder for testing

For your bezel, you need to specify the bezel co-ordinates as noted above (no idea what yours are) into the module info in RL for RA

_Default.zip

Edited by zugswang
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Zeaede said:

Thanks to fast respond

With Rocketlauncher i have a bezel ini

Inside that i have this

[General]
Bezel Screen Top Left X Coordinate=807
Bezel Screen Top Left Y Coordinate=288
Bezel Screen Bottom Right X Coordinate=1753
Bezel Screen Bottom Right Y Coordinate=1150

Dosen't change much whatever i try to change?

With Retroarch alone i don't get it to work

With new RA 1.9.0 playing game, i don't know what button to press to activate anything?

It was more easier with earlier versions of RA before they changed the layout from that blue thing to what it is now

Well, setting this up in retroarch is actually quite easy. Maybe Rocketlauncher is the problem? I can imagine Rocketlauncher somehow overweighting retroarch's settings? 

I would try testing this using just retroarch without using rocketlauncher to check if it's working.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Zeaede said:

When i play a game in RA 1.9.0 i can't activate settings?

With older RA you only had to press F1 to see settings?

I have retroarch 1.9.2. I can access the menu pressing f1. Maybe check the retroarch.cfg file. There should be a line called: input_menu_toggle = "f1"

If that's there then the only reason for why f1 isn't working for you (hat I can think of) is that you have to hold down the "FN" key on your keyboard while pressing f1 (if your keyboard is laid out that way".

Edited by SiriusVI
  • Thanks 1