LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox and my controller config settings stayin stable

TrexThunderX10

Hello, ok here’s the issue. I setup lets say dolphin game controller settings for my controller. This I did in launchbox. Now when I go into console mode aka BigBox, I go to play a Wii or GameCube game, I go into the game fine, but when the game is loading, screen might say press A to Start, I press A button, and it doesn’t work. I know I set it up in launchbox, but it won’t hold my game controller config. 

My question is, is there a way to make all my emulators in launchbox remember all my config settings that I set? How do I do it? Please help!

1 hour ago, TrexThunderX10 said:

Hello, ok here’s the issue. I setup lets say dolphin game controller settings for my controller. This I did in launchbox. Now when I go into console mode aka BigBox, I go to play a Wii or GameCube game, I go into the game fine, but when the game is loading, screen might say press A to Start, I press A button, and it doesn’t work. I know I set it up in launchbox, but it won’t hold my game controller config. 

My question is, is there a way to make all my emulators in launchbox remember all my config settings that I set? How do I do it? Please help!

All controls for in game are done directly in each emulator you choose to use. Not in LB. Those settings in LB are only for use in LB front end or when moving around in LB Pause Theme menu items.

Yeah I know. I meant how do I save each emulators configuration files for controller and general settings to launchbox so when the game launches the config settings go along with it. I’m tired of having to exit BugBix and open up the emulators manually then reset up the controls, kniw what I mean

10 hours ago, TrexThunderX10 said:

Yeah I know. I meant how do I save each emulators configuration files for controller and general settings to launchbox so when the game launches the config settings go along with it. I’m tired of having to exit BugBix and open up the emulators manually then reset up the controls, kniw what I mean

As stated above Launchbox has nothing to do with emulator controls, and you dont save them to Launchbox. Simply set your controls in Dolphin and they will load when you start a game from Launchbox.

That doesn’t happen for me. I setup game controller settings and when I close dolphin, and go to Nintendo Wii section, I load the game I wanna play, but the game controller settings don’t load, but when I go to dolphin emulator, the game controller settings are fine. Get what I’m sayin now? 

11 minutes ago, TrexThunderX10 said:

That doesn’t happen for me. I setup game controller settings and when I close dolphin, and go to Nintendo Wii section, I load the game I wanna play, but the game controller settings don’t load, but when I go to dolphin emulator, the game controller settings are fine. Get what I’m sayin now? 

I get what you are saying, but something is wrong with your setup then, as Launchbox has no influence over controls. If your settings are not saving that is a Dolphin issue, it's a known bug with dolphin currently.

Emulator Issues #12453: When Dolphin-emu is started from the command-line Dolphin bar and connected wiimote(s) are not working, Running from the Dolphin GUI works - Emulator - Dolphin Issue tracker

6 hours ago, TrexThunderX10 said:

I setup game controller settings and when I close dolphin, and go to Nintendo Wii section, I load the game I wanna play, but the game controller settings don’t load

In Dolphin you can auto-load per game controller configs.

- First create and save a controller config.

- Right click a game and click Properties.

- Go to the editor and add: (from the Dolphin FAQ) https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-unofficial-howto-using-gameini-settings-per-game

Choosing Gamecube Port device per game (standard controller, gba, etc.):
[Controls]
PadType0 = 0 (will set port1 to "Nothing", 5 for "GBA", 6 for "Standard Controller", 7 for "Keyboard", 8 for "Steering Wheel", 9 for "Dance Mat", 10 for "TaruKonga Bongos" and 11 for "AM Baseboard")
PadType1 = 0 (will set port2 to "Nothing", 5 for "GBA", 6 for "Standard Controller", 7 for "Keyboard", 8 for "Steering Wheel", 9 for "Dance Mat" and 10 for "TaruKonga Bongos")
PadType2 = 0 (will set port3 to "Nothing", 5 for "GBA", 6 for "Standard Controller", 7 for "Keyboard", 8 for "Steering Wheel", 9 for "Dance Mat" and 10 for "TaruKonga Bongos")
PadType3 = 0 (will set port4 to "Nothing", 5 for "GBA", 6 for "Standard Controller", 7 for "Keyboard", 8 for "Steering Wheel", 9 for "Dance Mat" and 10 for "TaruKonga Bongos")

Choosing Wiimote source per game (emulated wiimote, real wiimote, etc.):
Wiimote source numbers start from 0 for wiimote 1, 1 for wiimote 2, etc.

[Controls]
WiimoteSource0 = 0 (will set wiimote1 to "None", 1 for "Emulated Wiimote", 2 for "Real Wiimote", 3 for "Hybrid Wiimote")
WiimoteSource1 = 0 (will set wiimote2 to "None", 1 for "Emulated Wiimote", 2 for "Real Wiimote", 3 for "Hybrid Wiimote")
WiimoteSource2 = 0 (will set wiimote3 to "None", 1 for "Emulated Wiimote", 2 for "Real Wiimote", 3 for "Hybrid Wiimote")
WiimoteSource3 = 0 (will set wiimote4 to "None", 1 for "Emulated Wiimote", 2 for "Real Wiimote", 3 for "Hybrid Wiimote")
WiimoteSourceBB = 0 (will set balance board to "None", 2 for "Real Balance Board")

Choosing Control Profiles per game:
First you should have a control profile saved for each gamecube controller or Wiimote. For example lets say you have created Wiimote profiles named "Sideways1" up to "Sideways4"  for Wii games that use the sideways wiimote handling(donkey kong, kirby games, etc.). In order to load those profiles per game you should put:

[Controls]
WiimoteProfile1 = Sideways1 => You can put any profile name you want to put here instead. This loads wiimote profile for player 1.
WiimoteProfile2 = Sideways2 => You can put any profile name you want to put here instead. This loads wiimote profile for player 2.
WiimoteProfile3 = Sideways3 => You can put any profile name you want to put here instead. This loads wiimote profile for player 3.
WiimoteProfile4 = Sideways4 => You can put any profile name you want to put here instead. This loads wiimote profile for player 4.

For gamecube controller profiles you should put:
[Controls]
PadProfile1 = Your profile name here. This loads gcpad profile for player 1.
PadProfile2 = Your profile name here. This loads gcpad profile for player 2.
PadProfile3 = Your profile name here. This loads gcpad profile for player 3.
PadProfile4 = Your profile name here. This loads gcpad profile for player 4.

Example for a GameCube game (Replace controller1 with the name of your controller config):

593789125_Schermopname(33).thumb.jpg.3d8121982ec19d8fb937308c3d4a7ca8.jpg

Edited by Koroth

Note:

In Dolphin make sure you name and save your controller configs. (GameCube and Wii separately.)

On 7/2/2021 at 1:10 AM, TrexThunderX10 said:

I have my emulator configuration files for Dolphin and all my other emulators in launchbox in a folder I made called emulators.

The path to Dolphins config files is: Dolphins User folder \Config

Edited by Koroth