LaunchBox Community Forums

My installed RetroArch cores not showing up in Associated Platform list?

BitSenpai

There's an incomplete list of cores in the "Edit Emulator > Associated Platform" tab inside of LaunchBox
I have multiple Cores installed in RetroArch that are not showing up in this list inside of LaunchBox.
How do I add the cores that are missing?

image.thumb.png.2958f782600df817caea5df4ca561482.png

22 minutes ago, BitSenpai said:

On your associated platform list you have additional platforms e.g. the Sega Dreamcast.

FYI, LaunchBox pre populates the list with common platforms and a default platform name. If you change a platform name in LaunchBox you must change (or enter) the name in the Assosiated Platform as well.

6 hours ago, BitSenpai said:

There's an incomplete list of cores in the "Edit Emulator > Associated Platform" tab inside of LaunchBox
I have multiple Cores installed in RetroArch that are not showing up in this list inside of LaunchBox.
How do I add the cores that are missing?

image.thumb.png.2958f782600df817caea5df4ca561482.png

The list on that screen only shows cores you actually have downloaded, so if it doesnt show in the dropdown you do not have the core, we scan your Retroarch/cores folder to populate the list.

I've got this same problem (can't believe I was able to find it using search, bless the gods I knew what to say)

I've downloaded the beetle core in retroarch. DONE (got the green hashtag)

I open Launchbox and edit emulators and select retroarch DONE

I slide down to see Sony PlayStation in associated platform and select the little down looking carrot to select another core and BEETLE is no where to be found.

What am I missing?

Just now, Hagar said:

I've got this same problem (can't believe I was able to find it using search, bless the gods I knew what to say)

I slide down to see Sony PlayStation in associated platform and select the little down looking carrot to select another core and BEETLE is no where to be found.

What am I missing?

The actual core is called mednafen, it's only called beetle inside of the Retroarch UI.

2 minutes ago, Hagar said:

What am I missing?

"Scrolls to the bottom and in the empty field enter your platform name exactly as you have it in LaunchBox."

This worked for me. You can add your own cores that aren't listed by typing in the empty fields at the very bottom of the list.

Edited by BitSenpai

WOW, under a minute and got a reply. You re the man. Blew me away. and thanks, that's the core I'm using. 

Now, wait, I'll have to post somewhere else about how to use an xbox1 controller to play those games. Configured in retroarch correctly I hope, but I'll post this in a more appropriate forum.

Thanks

Dave