LaunchBox Community Forums

FauxVert

C-Beats

FauxVert

View File

I have for you a very unique theme. This is a vertical theme for horizontal monitors! I have a virtual pinball cabinet I am working on and because of how the VPin software works it was just easier to set up my machine so that my monitor was in landscape (horizontal) mode, but physically rotated to a vertical position. Unfortunately this mean Big Box was pointing the wrong direction. Rather that use some third party tool to rotate my monitor in Windows settings back and forth I just decided to make a faux vertical theme. I wasn't sure how many people had similar cabinet set ups but though I'd share in case there was anyone out there that needed it or wanted to look at the XAML for inspiration for your wacky theme ideas.

NOTE: This theme assumes you have acquired background images and videos ALREADY in the right orientation and does NOT try to rotate and horizontal images to make them appear in the right direction. Clear Logo images work as is and are rotated appropriately.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Appreciate the effort. This worked perfect for my pin cab. I share a custom computer  split screen sim and pincab. This worked awesome for the pin cab vertical view and separate horizontal view for my Sim racers using big box. Thanks again!

0000B555-8E39-462C-B7E2-56933B7BA17B.jpeg

63CE304B-D764-4AB7-AEC4-65E8485393BC.jpeg

5FCBBC7D-0DDF-4A46-BD24-703DDDC705A2.jpeg

28E6FA04-3DEB-4CB6-AD92-0A492C694D1E.jpeg

E5D61924-00CC-49C7-9F41-B8DC8F3A1FF6.jpeg

53617044-D802-437C-84CE-C1B2E533A071.jpeg

Edited by Clavo

• 2 years later...

Love this theme for virtual pinball, but I have one problem that you might be able to fix with a quick update.  Or maybe it's something on my side?  Sorry, my screenshot is including my backglass, but as you can see on the game details screen, where there's normally a text description of the table it's not working.  I actually intentionally disabled it because by default the way it displays is broken so it didn't look good.  It seems like the canvas or bounding box of the text field isn't large enough, so it's being cutoff.  However, I was only ever able to remove it rather than fix the issue.  I'd rather have it working though, as this theme is perfect for my setup.image.thumb.jpeg.1bed85552d85f4dfd4987cd7ae107fe1.jpeg