LaunchBox Community Forums

Games duplicating when entering big box

slimejay15

Whenever I import roms it seems fine but as soon as I launch big box all my games duplicate the first time. Usually it's not really an issue because I can just delete the duplicates and they wont come back but recently my Sony Playstation games have have been duplicating every time I open big box even when I try to delete the duplicates. I notice that the files for the originals end in .cue but the files for the duplicates always ends in 7z if that has any importance. I've already tried re importing the games, and deleting all the folders for them but that didn't work. How do I fix this?

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Edited by slimejay15

8 hours ago, slimejay15 said:

Whenever I import roms it seems fine but as soon as I launch big box all my games duplicate the first time. Usually it's not really an issue because I can just delete the duplicates and they wont come back but recently my Sony Playstation games have have been duplicating every time I open big box even when I try to delete the duplicates. I notice that the files for the originals end in .cue but the files for the duplicates always ends in 7z if that has any importance. I've already tried re importing the games, and deleting all the folders for them but that didn't work. How do I fix this?

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Thats a strange one that i have never heard before. Firstly i'm gonna say this is highly unlikely to be related to Bigbox, that simply has no code in it in order to add games. My guess is you have duplicate xml files in the Launchbox/Data folder, can you have a look and if you have any duplicates and please remove them if you do. Secondly you say the newly added duplicates are .7z that is even stranger if your files are not in 7z to start with then Launchbox can't make up a file type out of thin air. Are you using any plugins or third party programs with your Launchbox build?

5 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Thats a strange one that i have never heard before. Firstly i'm gonna say this is highly unlikely to be related to Bigbox, that simply has no code in it in order to add games. My guess is you have duplicate xml files in the Launchbox/Data folder, can you have a look and if you have any duplicates and please remove them if you do. Secondly you say the newly added duplicates are .7z that is even stranger if your files are not in 7z to start with then Launchbox can't make up a file type out of thin air. Are you using any plugins or third party programs with your Launchbox build?

Pretty much the only third-party program I've been using is skraper in order to get video files for games as I do not have a membership on emumovies. With the 7z, I did try before to use 7z files for Sony Playstation which I later found that they didn't work for my emulator so I deleted all the games on launchbox and reimported them as .cue's. Not sure if scraping the 7z's before reimporting the files as .cue's did anything...

I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to files so here are screenshots of the data folder if it helps

Capture4.PNG

Capture5.PNG

4 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Yeah, Skrapers default settings wreck LaunchBox because of how/where they save the backup files. The files that read "'...-backup.xml" in your platforms folder need removed.

So can I keep using skraper as long as I go back and delete these backups each time?

1 minute ago, slimejay15 said:

So can I keep using skraper as long as I go back and delete these backups each time?

Personally i am never gonna recommend skraper as they simply stole 99% of there content from emumovies. But yes, you can use it still but either change the setting related to it putting those files there in the first place, or delete them after. The reason you had those PS1 7z files showing up is that is what you originally scraped with skraper, and that backup file was then put there, then when you re-imported that system you now had two PS1.xml files and Launchbox is reading them both. You would of also noticed in future that if you deleted games they would not delete, as they are still present in the backup.xml which Launchbox isnt editing.

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Personally i am never gonna recommend skraper as they simply stole 99% of there content from emumovies. But yes, you can use it still but either change the setting related to it putting those files there in the first place, or delete them after. The reason you had those PS1 7z files showing up is that is what you originally scraped with skraper, and that backup file was then put there, then when you re-imported that system you now had two PS1.xml files and Launchbox is reading them both. You would of also noticed in future that if you deleted games they would not delete, as they are still present in the backup.xml which Launchbox isnt editing.

3 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Yeah, or just tell Skraper to stop doing backups and metadata updates.

Ok I understand now, thank you.