LaunchBox Community Forums

Actively changing colour of menu objects

Jacksaur

Randomly had an idea for a theme, but I have absolute zero knowledge on the subject myself. So before I get started trying to learn everything and putting the time into creating it, I thought I'd make sure that what I want is actually possible.

One of the main aspects I was thinking of, the platforms would be listed in the standard Horizontal wheel layout, but only the currently selected one would have its colours. The rest would all be reduced to greyscale when not selected. But thinking about it, I don't think I've ever used a skin that changed colours of menu elements in any form.

Is this kind of action even possible with BigBox's skin support?

Edited by Jacksaur

18 hours ago, Jacksaur said:

Randomly had an idea for a theme, but I have absolute zero knowledge on the subject myself. So before I get started trying to learn everything and putting the time into creating it, I thought I'd make sure that what I want is actually possible.

One of the main aspects I was thinking of, the platforms would be listed in the standard Horizontal wheel layout, but only the currently selected one would have its colours. The rest would all be reduced to greyscale when not selected. But thinking about it, I don't think I've ever used a skin that changed colours of menu elements in any form.

Is this kind of action even possible with BigBox's skin support?

Hi @Jacksaur. Greyscaling would not be considered a colour change, but an effect that you would have to apply onto an image. This is possible, however, would require a plugin to accomplish. The COMMUNITY Theme Creator does have that feature already within one of its plugins. While the creator doesn't allow you to use it within a wheel template (that is something that's planned), you could potentially dive into the code and utilize it. I would consider that more of an advanced thing to learn, so you would have to judge your own skill level vs ambition.

So, short answer is yes, it would be possible.