LaunchBox Community Forums

What is the best way to Keymap DOS Games to Bluetooth Xinput controllers?

RULLUR

I had an old version of JoyToKey I enjoyed for the longest, and even downloaded a batch file someone made here to close off JoyToKey after I closed out a game, but seems that old JoyToKey I had was made for Controllers via USB and not ones using Bluetooth such as XBOX One S Controllers & etc. I have installed the latest JoyToKey in which I would make copies of them and place them with game folder of whatever game I set the profile to it to avoid any conflicted settings, but seems these days they have JoyToKey not only with the ability to detect Bluetooth Controllers, but seemed to make itself even more complicated by somehow taking all profiles you set to your Documents folder, no matter if you made copies of JoyToKey for certain games set to a single profile setting, it seems to automatically at times shift to a different profile you made with another copy of JoyToKey elsewhere. Not only that, but now they bug you to register for a full version after a while in which I plan to do so once I can fully understand the new complicated way they do this software now. So either I get understanding the new JoyToKey in the best way to be used with LaunchBox, or accept any alternative methods recommended to me by some of you out there who can give these classics a modern feel with such ease that allows me to fully use Xinput Bluetooth controllers all the way to the Z-Axis Triggers and every other part without limitations so I can play Pinball games and First-Person Shooters as if it they made for consoles instead of being stuck to keyboard and mouse.

I totally wish at times LaunchBox had its own Keymapper built in for various computer-based games though. It would make things so much easier

• Like 1