LaunchBox Community Forums

Platforms.xml duplicate data

wallmachine

Is the Platforms.xml supposed to retain the previous data, as after updating in LaunchBox I have duplicate elements

<Notes>The Atari 2600 is credited with popularizing the use of microprocessor-based hardware and ROM cartridges containing game code.</Notes>
<VideoPath />
<Notes>A video game console is an electronic, digital or computer device that outputs a video signal or visual image to display a video game that one or more people can play. The term "video game console" is primarily used to distinguish a console machine primarily designed for consumers to use for playing video games, in contrast to arcade machines or home computers.

Although Ralph Baer had built working game consoles by 1966, it was nearly a decade before the Pong game made them commonplace in regular people's living rooms. Through evolution over the 1990s and 2000s, game consoles have expanded to offer additional functions such as CD players, DVD players, Blu-ray disc players, web browsers, set-top boxes and more.</Notes>
<VideoPath />

Platforms.xml

Edited by wallmachine

Are you using any third party scraping tools? The way LaunchBox is programmed, when saving to file we overwrite, not append, and save the properties directly to file which would make duplicate tags like that impossible. I suspect you have something else touching or modifying your files.

12 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Are you using any third party scraping tools? The way LaunchBox is programmed, when saving to file we overwrite, not append, and save the properties directly to file which would make duplicate tags like that impossible. I suspect you have something else touching or modifying your files.

No plugins or third party apps, just a fresh install of the latest LaunchBox and it was the first platform imported and edited

Edited by wallmachine

24 minutes ago, zugswang said:

Try going into the duplicate xml and deleting everything in it and then save.

Once saved you should be able to delete it without it coming back.

I had this yesterday for unknown.xml and that done the trick for me.

Unfortunately it didn't create a duplicate xml it just didn't overwrite the data properly, but I see what your saying and at the same time I don't want to keep checking when adding a system if the correct data is being kept or not.

That bottom thing is the metadata/information for the "Consoles" Platform Category. It is auto-created for console systems and then the imported system is assigns it as it's parent. If you use the "Platform Category" side bar filter instead of "Platform" you would see it (and could edit it as well).

• Like 1