LaunchBox Community Forums

Problem launching arcade games using Retroarch's FBNeo core

drorin

Hi! First of all, sorry for my english. Well, everything worked fine until I updated RetroArch cores or the new version of LaunchBox, or at least I realized after doing it. The problem is if I launch an arcade rom from RetroArch using FBNeo core, I have no troubles, but if I try to launch the same rom using LaunchBox linked to RetroArch with the same core the game doesn't launch. I get this message instead: "this romset is known but yours doesn't match this emulator and its version". I repeat, if I launch the same rom in RetroArch, this problem doesn't occur.

I don't know what happened to my LaunchBox or if it is a common problem, but I didnt find any solution by googling.

Greetings.

• 5 months later...
39 minutes ago, thykingviking said:

I'm having this same issue.  Is there a fix?  Launchbox and Retroarch are up to date, as well as fbneo core.

953111786_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.e97fca10df3e4c7c0b27dbb8ce1fd4e8.png

That's a error cause your romset doesn't match the version the core is expecting, that game obviously had a file change at some point and that file isn't in your different version romset.

Fixed!  I removed the full mame set, re-imported the full set to MAME/roms folder, (where they were originally) and now for some reason I can load them in LB through Retroarch FBNeo!  Everything is where it was originally.  So if you find yourself having the same issue, I would start with that, remembering to not delete your media files.

Just now, thykingviking said:

Fixed!  I removed the full mame set, re-imported the full set to MAME/roms folder, (where they were originally) and now for some reason I can load them in LB through Retroarch FBNeo!  Everything is where it was originally.  So if you find yourself having the same issue, I would start with that, remembering to not delete your media files.

FBA doesnt use a MAME romset, it uses it's own FBA romset, so you may well run into a ton of games that do not work cause they are not designed for FBA.