LaunchBox Community Forums

From ROM details screen want to be able to jump to any other platform version of the same game

FlightRisk

I jump in and see where this is about once a year. I just missed the poll :( I also can't find my suggestion in bitbucket, though I know I added it as a suggested feature. Should I enter it again? Or is this included in the current list "suggest similar games"? This isn't exactly the same since I don't want a similar game, I want the same game on different platforms.

FEATURE: When on a game, say "Space Invaders", there is a section of the screen with images of all the other versions on all the other platforms I have installed that also have a version of Space Invaders. So if I am on the Arcade version, It will show Atarii 2600, Atari 5200, NES, etc. with an image of what the screen looks like on that platform.

GameEx has had this feature for many years:

image.thumb.png.276d086dbc77b86f101d78ede03f554f.png

Cool idea. We have talked about it. I'd be curious to know if there's a database that exists that shows same game, different platform. Does anyone know of one?

I'm also curious where people believe the line should be drawn. Does it need to be the exact same game, but on different systems. Do you include remakes, reimaginings, remasters, compilations, unofficial ports. Curious as to what people's thoughts are here.