LaunchBox Community Forums

How to remove, then re-add a platform?

dmaker

I would like to remove all of my arcade roms and then copy over some newer roms, then re-import. But I am not sure how to do this and I can't seem to find any menu option(s) that would seem likely to achieve this. 

I did try this previously with my Genesis platform. I had copied over a dozen or so games after initial install just to see if I had the process properly and that everything worked as expected. Then later I removed all of those roms from the folder and added the same ones, plus some others. After importing, I had some duplicates.

I would like to remove all arcade roms and then copy over the roms (and more) from a different romset, but I don't want duplicates like from before. 

What is the best method to do this?

Thank you.

Hmmm, I was going to try this just now, but I can't figure out how to do this remotely with a keyboard (I use Vysor for remote desktop on Android). I will try again when I am in front of my TV with a gamepad. But with a keyboard and mouse, I tried right clicking on a platform, but there was no delete option.

It worked when I was able to long press with a gamepad (I work from home, so I just needed a 5 min window to walk from my home office room to my TV room).  

That worked perfectly. Though if there are any Nvidia Shield TV users with no gamepad, it would be tough to get to that menu option, or perhaps there is a button on a keyboard to long press.  

Thank you. 

Edited by dmaker

2 hours ago, dmaker said:

It worked when I was able to long press with a gamepad (I work from home, so I just needed a 5 min window to walk from my home office room to my TV room).  

That worked perfectly. Though if there are any Nvidia Shield TV users with no gamepad, it would be tough to get to that menu option, or perhaps there is a button on a keyboard to long press.  

Thank you. 

You can long press with the select button (A) on an Nvidia Shield TV controller. Not sure how you would handle that with a keyboard though...