LaunchBox Community Forums

Wheel Images Cut Off, Unified Theme

garrett521

Good Morning,

I am using the Unified Theme on LB/BB version 11.14 (updated from 11.7 on on July 27).  I have recently noticed that the wheel images for both platform and games are being interrupted/cut off either above or below depending on where I am at in the wheel.  It seems if the wheel is toward the top of the list, the top of the image disappears/becomes transparent; if the wheel is toward the bottom, it affects the bottom of the image.  I have posted two screenshots of what is currently happening, and one screenshot of what it looked like in a previous version of LB/BB (my apologies for not knowing which version this would have began on).  I have tried fixing by changing to another theme and then back to Unified; also tried by reloading all images in image cache settings...no dice.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Has anyone experienced this previously?

Thanks!

Gap, above.jpg

Gap, below.jpg

No Gap.PNG

This could be an issue due to an update to the BigBox Wheel and CoverFlow properties that took place over the past few releases. I think the updates started in 11.10. The theme might need an update. What Wheel View are you using? If you go into BigBox settings and go the the Views page it will tell you what Platform view you are using.

3 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

This could be an issue due to an update to the BigBox Wheel and CoverFlow properties that took place over the past few releases. I think the updates started in 11.10. The theme might need an update. What Wheel View are you using? If you go into BigBox settings and go the the Views page it will tell you what Platform view you are using.

Thanks.  I am using Games Vertical Wheel View 1: 3D Box for some platforms, Games Vertical Wheel View 2: 3D Box + static cart/disc for others, and Games Vertical Wheel View 4: Fullscreen video for others.  All of them are behaving as in the images previously posted.

I'll have to take a look at the code and see if we can tighten the gap. Essentially why this happens is that each item is actually a 3D object in a scene. What is happening is the item is just a tad bigger than the image, and even though the image is transparent the video card recognizes SOMETHING was there so it draws to something called the "depth buffer". This essentially just tells you video card how close something being drawn is to the camera. Because something has already been drawn that is closer (even though it was transparent) it doesn't try to render the thing under it. I'll have to see is there a way we can tell DirectX NOT to draw to the depth buffer if the color being drawn is transparent.

4 hours ago, C-Beats said:

I'll have to take a look at the code and see if we can tighten the gap. Essentially why this happens is that each item is actually a 3D object in a scene. What is happening is the item is just a tad bigger than the image, and even though the image is transparent the video card recognizes SOMETHING was there so it draws to something called the "depth buffer". This essentially just tells you video card how close something being drawn is to the camera. Because something has already been drawn that is closer (even though it was transparent) it doesn't try to render the thing under it. I'll have to see is there a way we can tell DirectX NOT to draw to the depth buffer if the color being drawn is transparent.

Thanks.  Appreciate you looking into this.