LaunchBox Community Forums

It is possible to put video instead of front box?

thewhite

Hi, 

There is a way to edit theme or add in future update a way to replace the front box for video (or at minimum the screenshot)? I know that the video will take more space, but it's really better for one that doesn't know the game. If it's possible, which format will be the best?

On 9/4/2021 at 9:05 AM, thewhite said:

Hi, 

There is a way to edit theme or add in future update a way to replace the front box for video (or at minimum the screenshot)? I know that the video will take more space, but it's really better for one that doesn't know the game. If it's possible, which format will be the best?

We do plan to add support for video snaps here soon. Not sure on formats yet, but we'll look into that when we start working on video support.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2021 at 3:47 PM, YDINO said:

Will we be able to add links to YouTube videos to play as well? Similar to reset collection? That way if you are connected to Wi-Fi you can just play them off YouTube instead of storing everything locally

This will depend on a lot of things; it's a good idea, but I'm not sure what the implementation would require. I'll keep it in mind to see if we can tackle it, but it's probably not going to happen for v1 of the video implementation.

• Game On 1

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone. 

I just purchased the Android + PC Launchbox Premium version and I realized that for Android the cool look of the PC version is not possible. I mean there are no preview videos so anyone who don't know the game can see what it is about. 

I really hope this feature will come to Android, whether via local video files or via youtube streaming. I really hope you guys will add this in your next update 🙂

1 minute ago, denhope said:

Hello everyone. 

I just purchased the Android + PC Launchbox Premium version and I realized that for Android the cool look of the PC version is not possible. I mean there are no preview videos so anyone who don't know the game can see what it is about. 

I really hope this feature will come to Android, whether via local video files or via youtube streaming. I really hope you guys will add this in your next update 🙂

This....

On 9/6/2021 at 3:01 PM, Jason Carr said:

We do plan to add support for video snaps here soon. Not sure on formats yet, but we'll look into that when we start working on video support.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, rvandesteene said:

I saw the new feature in the options section for linking your emu movies account.  Should video snaps work after adding your account or is something else needed.  Thanks again to the team for working on this.

Yes, video snaps are available in the latest beta. Details are here:

Would be great if there would be some settings. For my usecase I use the wheelchair with details but the cover of the game blocks 40% of the video. Maybe in the future there will be some more options to customize the look of the theme 🙂

Thanks for the great work btw! LaunchBox on Android is awesome!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, denhope said:

Would be great if there would be some settings. For my usecase I use the wheelchair with details but the cover of the game blocks 40% of the video. Maybe in the future there will be some more options to customize the look of the theme 🙂

Thanks for the great work btw! LaunchBox on Android is awesome!

Yup, there are definitely settings coming to tweak that stuff.

• Like 1