LaunchBox Community Forums

BUG ?

wbf4imma

I imported several dreamcast games to my dreamcast platform. I had to manually change the name inside launchbox and then match them to LB database.
I then run the media download to check all my games for missing media...it wont download any media for those edited and matched games. I need to edit the game manually and download it manually for every game...

1 hour ago, proghodet said:

Can you share a screenshot of the settings of a game that doesn't work?

not anymore without messing around with my setup...(i did a workaround)

i think the major problem is about the filename and matching the correct LB DB game. I had over 200 dreamcast GDIs with this format:

Sonic Adventure 2 v1.008 (2001)(Sega)(PAL)(M5)[!]

i had to remove "v1.008 (2001)(Sega)(PAL)(M5)[!]" to be able to find and match correct game in LB DB.

Did it manually to all of them and then imported...

Just now, wbf4imma said:

not anymore without messing around with my setup...(i did a workaround)

i think the major problem is about the filename and matching the correct LB DB game. I had over 200 dreamcast GDIs with this format:

Sonic Adventure 2 v1.008 (2001)(Sega)(PAL)(M5)[!]

i had to remove "v1.008 (2001)(Sega)(PAL)(M5)[!]" to be able to find and match correct game in LB DB.

Did it manually to all of them and then imported...

All extra information that isnt the game name should be in brackets, just like the rest of the info in your example. The issue is that the v1.008 isnt in brackets, so is considered part of the game name, and therefore doesnt match anything in our database.