LaunchBox Community Forums

Anyone got Neo Geo to work?

eggrally

If you got Neo geo to work,  what core are you using?  I get an error that saids, "The Rom file associated with this game could not be found: "    The file is in the folder, and using retroarch outside of launchBox , I can get the game to load.    And most art work doesn't load.    Anyone got this problem?

4 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

What Retroarch core are you using @eggrally? I have Neo Geo games working fine using the mamearcade_libretro_android core, but they're in my Arcade platform with my modern MAME ROM set.

I can't seem to find that core in android retroarch,  can you show a screen shot,   there is only 2 retroarch in the app store,  retroarch and retroarch plus.  Am I missing something?

20 hours ago, eggrally said:

I can't seem to find that core in android retroarch,  can you show a screen shot,   there is only 2 retroarch in the app store,  retroarch and retroarch plus.  Am I missing something?

You might need to grab the sideloaded version of Retroarch, but I think Retroarch Plus should have it. If mamearcade_libretro_android isn't there, it might be called mame_libretro_android.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issue as OP.

Not only that, but the neogeo system section added literally all copies of my arcade roms even though I specifically selected the 130ish games from my neo geo folder when scanning. Can't seem to clear the neogeo list in launchbox after the fact either.

Also, weirdly enough, some of my games say within the genesis system for example would not run within launchbox, but would run perfectly fine while using retroarch plus natively...

Nvidia Shield pro 2019

-mounted internal storage which includes the retroarch app of course.

-roms on external storage, as well the launchbox folder (defaulted to external during install)

Update:

Was able to get everything working in regard to TurbographixCD and Intellivision by turning off "System files are in content directory" in the "saving" options within Retroarch plus (must have advanced options on). I forgot I changed that a while ago when trying a different front end.

But still, same as OP, I am having issues with Arcade and Neogeo within Launchbox even while using cores that work just fine within Retroarch itself.

Common errors for arcade seem to be "unable to load all rom files", while Neogeo seems to just blackout until returning me to the Launchbox game selection screen.

The cores that work within Retroarch are Mame_current and FBNeogeo. But again, once I try to open up Mame or Neogeo games from within Launchbox, it doesn't work. So odd, most everything else works just fine so far.

Edited by C0ntrA