LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox 11.14 & 11.17

ejz372

I am having problems with my LaunchBox. I had version 11.14 and the problem I'm having with that version is I can't add MAME. I get an error that says "Data at the root level is invalid. Line 5719640" after clicking Next on the How would you like to filter your games Page.

Then I upgraded to the latest version, which is 11.17. The problem with 11.17 for me is an error code pops up while LaunchBox is loading. It says my NstDatabase.xml is corrupt. I looked in google and says copy the backup xml files in Data folder. I did this and does the same thing. So I can't load 11.17 at all.

Does anybody have any solution? TIA.

The issue with version 11.14 is it sounds like your local metadata xml file got corrupted. Forcing a refresh of your local Games DB should correct.

Version 11.17 I don't recognize that xml file name, if you have a platform or playlist by the name "NstDatabase" it sounds like that file needs removed or replaced with a known good copy. If you don't I'd look for that file and remove it because it isn't one of ours.

5 minutes ago, ejz372 said:

@neil9000 I deleted the NstDatabase file and that actually allowed me to update my Launchbox to 11.17. However, I am still getting the error code I just posted.

Are you using actual MAME and not Retroarch when in the import wizard? Cause as i said i have seen very similar errors before when people were trying to import with Retroarch set as the emulator, and that will now work. Also it could be related to other things in your mame.ini.

1 minute ago, ejz372 said:

@C-BeatsI tried deleting everything in my data folder so it is like a brand new install. Still does the same thing.

@neil9000 i have standalone mame for mame arcade but I also have retroarch but it is setup for consoles like NES and SNES. I will try to see if i can delete retroarch and maybe that will work. Will let you know.

You dont need to delete it, i just wanted to make sure you were not pointing to Retroarch instead of actual MAME during the import wizard.