LaunchBox Community Forums

Why Gog Galaxy open?

Sbaby

• Sbaby changed the title to Why Gog Galaxy open?

GOG Galaxy will only open if you are using a GOG game, or it was imported into the GOG platform maybe? @C-Beats may be able to answer that one? Do you have a example though of a game that does this? What game, can we see a image of the path to it in Launchbox, and also a image of the actual games folder might help, just to see if it is actually a GOG game that you just didnt actually buy from them. ;) 

8 hours ago, neil9000 said:

GOG Galaxy will only open if you are using a GOG game, or it was imported into the GOG platform maybe? @C-Beats may be able to answer that one? Do you have a example though of a game that does this? What game, can we see a image of the path to it in Launchbox, and also a image of the actual games folder might help, just to see if it is actually a GOG game that you just didnt actually buy from them. ;) 

8 hours ago, C-Beats said:

GOG App ID's are assigned exclusively via the GOG import, if you have a game that isn't GOG that launches I would assume you have a data corruption issue. Get the information Neil is requesting and we can try to narrow down the cause.

This is my list of official Gog games and they work perfectly starting with Launchbox running Gog Galaxy perfectly.

Then there is Horizon Zero Dawn, It is not a GOG game but at startup Gog Galaxy opens. The game works but the opening of Gog Galaxy is annoying and has nothing to do with it. What can I do ?

Note: if i start the game with HorizonZeroDawn.exe and without launchbox, Gog Galaxy won't open (correctly)

01_mygoggames.jpg

02_mygoggames.jpg

03_mygoggames.jpg

04_mygoggames.jpg

Edited by Sbaby

6 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Would have to look in your Windows.xml file. Find the game entry in there and remove the line that says "<GogAppId>...</GogAppId>". I'd make sure you have a backup though before manually altering your files

I have replaced
    <GogAppId> 1209025141 </GogAppId>

with

<GogAppId />

and it works ! Thanks

I have had to do this for other games that I have found in this situation as well. Why does this happen?