LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroArch won't launch from launch or big box

Jdzspace

I added some new roms and when I tried to launch them from launch box using retroarch it does nothing. No error, no anything. 

I tried it from big box and it went from "now loading" back to the game page.

But if I load it directly through retroarch it works fine. 

I checked the path to make sure It wasn't loading up a previous version, and it isn't.

Not sure how to fix this.

2 minutes ago, Jdzspace said:

I added some new roms and when I tried to launch them from launch box using retroarch it does nothing. No error, no anything. 

I tried it from big box and it went from "now loading" back to the game page.

But if I load it directly through retroarch it works fine. 

I checked the path to make sure It wasn't loading up a previous version, and it isn't.

Not sure how to fix this.

Did you specify the correct core to load in the Associated Platforms tab? Is the platform in question there at all?

1 hour ago, Jdzspace said:

Yes, retroarch for the emulator and the appropriate platform set as well. I am not sure what I'm doing wrong

If your games work in RetroArch, they should work in LaunchBox as well. Setting up RetroArch in LaunchBox require no special settings:

1764812838_Schermopname(114).thumb.jpg.2b431fd9ea4c1e89b121c66c9dd869cb.jpg

Just make sure that in the Associated Platform Column the platform name matches *exactly* the name of the platform you have in LaunchBox (I.e. Dreamcast vs. Sega Dreamcast if your platform name is just Dreamcast in LaunchBox. ) Also make sure you have the appropriate core selected in the core Column.

Edited by Koroth
  • Like 1