LaunchBox Community Forums

How to force exit Windows games (Steam, Epic, Amazon, GOG).

Gef

Hello all, hope everything's fine arount there. So, for sure I'm doing something wrong, but... how I force exit to BB windows games that doesn't support "quit" from their UI? I can assure there are plenty. Maybe can I assign a maco like "alt+f4" to a controller button or anything similar?

Regards.

3 hours ago, Gef said:

Hello all, hope everything's fine arount there. So, for sure I'm doing something wrong, but... how I force exit to BB windows games that doesn't support "quit" from their UI? I can assure there are plenty. Maybe can I assign a maco like "alt+f4" to a controller button or anything similar?

Regards.

Don't ever force close actual PC games like that, there is a very good reason nearly every game warns you not to close or turn off your PC while it is saving, you risk corrupting your save data by just closing a program in that way. Use the games own menu to exit PC games. If a game doesn't have that option, which honestly i don't think i have ever seen one, then as you say its probably ALT-F4, but that is already a combo we use, when you have "close active window" setup in Bigbox, we first send ESCAPE, if that doesnt work, then we send ALT-F4.

Don't want to close drastically when ingame, but sadly they do exist. Mainly old games or games with an awful ui like I can say the Dragon's Lair Trilogy on Steam, that expect an "ESC" to exit, but you can navigate the UI with a controller; hybrid keyboard/mouse/controller UI that gives a lot of troubles controlling from outside. Btw, mapping the "Close Active Windows" as a key combo from BB seems to work in many cases, thanks to you.