LaunchBox Community Forums

Create Duplicates of playlists

Moleburt

So I’m not sure where the best spot to post this question is. But my cab is setup with 2 sinden light guns and I have 2 (soon to be 3) Gun4Ir light guns. What I am wanting to do is have 2 light gun playlists, 1 for sinden, 1 for Gun4Ir. I really just need to be able to load the games with separate scripts/versions of emulators so that the guns are all mapped and working correctly in their respective playlists.

Was curious if there was a way to duplicate games to create a new playlist with, or if it would be easiest to import a duplicate of each game and setup the playlists that way.

Just trying to find the simplest solution.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

I'm pretty sure it's not possible to "directly" launch a game using a specific 'version of an emulator' solely based on the Playlist that it's in.

You can always choose "launch with sinden_emu" or "launch with Gun4lr_emu".  But the games 'home base' is always a single Platform that can only have one default emulator.

So I think with your cab, it'd probably look more seamless to (as you said), import duplicates of the games into a new platform that has the default emulator of Gun4lr_emu.  And then the Platform you have already has the default emulator sinden_emu.  Create your Playlists, then you can launch the game(s) directly without having to find/remember "Launch with...".

If "Launch with..." is not an issue, that would actually be cleaner overall (mainly 'behind the scenes').  But (a little) less seamless for when the kids go to play.

In case it helps, You can import a game 2x and check the “force import duplicates” check box at the end of the wizard. Then give each game a unique name like “House of the dead (sinden)” and “House of the dead (gunir)”. Set them to use different emulators, additional apps or whatever you need to load them differently. That’s what I do with games like TMNT ant X-men to keep both 2 and 4 player variants available as separate selections. 

you may already know this and were looking for a more elegant way of doing it via playlist but wanted to throw this out in case you hadn’t thought about it 

Edited by Fry
I am weird