LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox will not start 12.3 Update

wemr97dl

Updated last night to 12.3 seemed fine, today launchbox would not open. tried using backup xml still the same. Tried reinstalling 12.2 Have nothing no games nothing, Put backup xml in now launchbox wont start again. Tried an older backup with same results??? Really dont want to start over again

Edited by wemr97dl
wrong version #

Launchbox would not touch any media, games, or emulators you added. When you did the reinstall of 12.2 did you confirm it installed to the correct folder? Many times users did not notice it installed into a second Launchbox folder. \Launchbox\Lunchbox and when they open it they see nothing. Much in the same way you stated happened. 

Is the media actually missing from within their folders or just missing from within LB?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wemr97dl said:

Well it starts after another install however now missing a ton of my media??? redownloading  6749 images. Not sure what happened?? Had a lot of homemade stuff very disappointing☹️

Yeah as @Retro808 said check your install path, if your current path is D:\Launchbox for example, you would install to D:\ not D:\Launchbox, as that would create a new Launchbox folder inside of your current Launchbox folder, which is we suspect what has happened here if you launch it and it's empty, it's because it is a empty Install inside of the Launchbox folder.

Yeah lots of missing files, i believe hard drive is toast, Going to order a new one, I did exactly what you thought i did first and found it on my own after posting. Then started  getting drive flag from windows, tried Scan and Fix, Not the thing to do, A lot of misc. files missing ,  HBMame install almost completely gone, not sure why Windows would dump them during the "FIX" had the entire drive as an exception in Defender. Thanks for the advice though.