LaunchBox Community Forums

New at this

Bigjosher84

I have just started using launch box, coming from Retro arch seeing that I can integrate retro with launch. the question I have is can I auto import all ROM files I have from multipole system or do I have to spend hours importing system by system. Like retro arch has auto scan, does launch have a feature like this? it seem launch picks so many more rom files that I have compared to retro.

God Bless You and Stay Safe :)

You have to import one platform at a time. You do NOT however have to wait for the media from one platform to finish downloading before you import another. Once you get a notification saying the first batch was imported and you see that LaunchBox is downloading media you can import the next batch.

49 minutes ago, Bigjosher84 said:

ok, thank you so much, C-Beats :), but I don't know if I messed it up now because I scanned for missing roms, what does this do on this platform?

God Bless You and Stay Safe :)

Can you elaborate on what you mean?

Scanning for missing roms will search the default games folder which is located inside \Launchbox\Games\[Platform Name] folders. If your games are not located within these folders inside LB the scan will not find anything.

You would have 2 options.

1. Place the games in these folders and scan will work.

or

2. Edit the platform inside LB (right click the platform name and edit) then go to the "Folders" tab and change the "Game" folder location to where you actually store your roms. Then when you run the scan it will scan the place you store your roms.

Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 5.51.00 PM.png

Ok, Retro808, I think I understand what you are saying. If what you said for @1 is true, by this logic, could I potentially put all my separate ROM system files in the scan folder then hit the scan and instead of adding folder by folder, would the scan go though all game console folder for me and pull all the roms? and arrange them under corresponding folders in LB?

10 minutes ago, Bigjosher84 said:

Ok, Retro808, I think I understand what you are saying. If what you said for @1 is true, by this logic, could I potentially put all my separate ROM system files in the scan folder then hit the scan and instead of adding folder by folder, would the scan go though all game console folder for me and pull all the roms? and arrange them under corresponding folders in LB?

No. Even if you did that you would still have to manually add the platforms individually and import the roms.

The Retroarch scan works because you are only using Retroarch. So the programming knows what each of its cores need to run and the platforms it runs. LB is file type and emulator agnostic so you can use whatever you want. With that being said, LB does not maintain records of what file type each and every emulator out there needs to run and what systems each can run. So, the import process is manual.

You have to add it. You manually enter a name (there are some more common ones in the drop down but you can enter any name you want). Then you point to the emulator .exe file.

I suggest watching at least one of our videos on adding a new system to get an idea of what needs to be done.

Here is one on adding PSP Minis. It will show you the most common things you need to do.

These YouTube videos by the Launchbox team will help you.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6pTDaHeAz-WMcNURVPU-1xLN_TVpT3FB

There are a bunch of videos in that playlist, just take your time and search through it to find the system you are looking for. I would also just look through their videos that have been uploaded recently in chronological order.
https://www.youtube.com/c/UnbrokenSoftwareLLC/videos?view=0&sort=dd&flow=grid

Edited by Knowcontrol