LaunchBox Community Forums

looking for Launchbox/BigBox assembly to edit xaml in Visual Studio

ksherfinski

What theme are you trying to edit?

I have not had many issues opening a theme in VS and had to add any assemblies. Honestly I do not use VS as much to edit or make a theme so I am not very knowledgeable on it. I usually just use Notepad++. VS is not needed as you can use a text editor to do the work. I will use VS sometimes if I need to easily see a layout or test positioning.

I've been working with the Unified Startup (1.1.0).  I tried another (Starting The Game-Dark) and didn't see the error but can't get all the resources to line up (project wise).  Maybe i'm going about it all wrong.  I just want a visual representation, in an editor.  I figured i'd create a WPF User Control project in VS and add the xaml files...based on a post for a while back.  I'm I overthinking this?  Thanks for your timely feedback once again.  Great forum.

You don't need Visual Studio to create a start up theme. You can make it with any text editor. You typically are only creating a single XAML file. If you want to do it in Visual Studio you can but you would have to make the file point to images on your drive directly to see them in preview. Then once you were done switch out the bindings to the ones LaunchBox uses before placing in LaunchBox's theme folder.