LaunchBox Community Forums

Existing Roms imported for 125+ systems. how to retroarch new feature.

gstratto

Hi Guys,

I have 125+ systems setup in launchbox.

I am about to update to 12.2 and would love to know if the retroarch setup feature (auto core assign etc) will work for existing games that are imported.

It has taken me 5 months to import all the roms and download the media, so I would have to hate to load them all again to have to set the up Auto assign cores in Retro arch.

Has anyone done this for existing systems?

cheers.

I have imported the roms and media, but have not setup retroarch.
Just wanted to know if I can get the auto retroarch setup feature to work for most of my systems (being that the systems are imported before i updated to 12.3) or do i have to start importing my games all again to get the retroarch to come up and autoassign cores etc.

1 hour ago, gstratto said:

I have imported the roms and media, but have not setup retroarch.
Just wanted to know if I can get the auto retroarch setup feature to work for most of my systems (being that the systems are imported before i updated to 12.3) or do i have to start importing my games all again to get the retroarch to come up and autoassign cores etc.

I do not believe it does it as in depth as a new import with games does. If you have games imported already, but RA is not in your emulators when you go to add RA it will add all the common platforms and select the proper cores. However, it does not do the bios selection like it would during a platform import of games. At least that is what happened when I first tested it on an existing build.

Hi @gstratto. Kind of curious, if you imported your games already, did you already point those games to an emulator?

If you don't have RetroArch configured as an emulator already, you can take advantage of the RA automatic update feature by: checking Tools > Manage > RetroArch, and use the install option to get RA automatically installed.

Then you'll need to bulk edit your already imported games to point to your new RetroArch emulator.

You would also want to double check that the platform names you imported from before match an entry in the RetroArch Associated Platforms section, and then add any necessary BIOS files to your RA system folder, which is located in LaunchBox\Emulators\RetroArch\system

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help.

Retro808 - good to know thanks. bummer about it not being able to do the bios. 

faeran - I have Retroarch installed and I have picked it as the emulator for all but mame, but it is not configured at all and i have no cores downloaded.
I May uninstall and install again to point the systems at it, then add the bios's manually.

I now have a plan!  thanks again.