LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Won't Download Gameplay Videos From EMU Movies?

Wonderboy

12 hours ago, exodus_cl said:

When using the Sync app from emumovies, the download speed is great, but when using Launchbox it takes forever to get  any media, maybe launchbox uses some redirect server/DNS/IP and that's the problem?.

Yes me too, I tried using the sync app yesterday (first time I had tried it) and I was able to get batches of movies at a time for several different ROM collections which Launchbox won't let me do right now, it just fails completely, depending on what movie type is selected. But as I mentioned above, I can get the movies individually through launchbox but it lakes 10 minutes to find them and then slow downloading when it does.

But the EMU movies sync app was getting the movies I selected in batches and it was much (multiple times) faster than Launchbox getting them individually.

One thing I noticed is that even using the EMU sync app, that there were still quite a few missing gameplay and missing theme movies despite only a pretty small list of games I was downloading for in each of the 4 systems I tried. No more than about 60 games per system but still missing movies? I was expecting that for massively popular systems like: Wii, GameCube, Nintendo 64 and Mame (at least the really well known games in Mame) that all of the videos would be available by now, at least the gameplay videos for sure? Because I was under the impression that paying EMU Movies for a lifetime subscription was going to mean I could get all the game videos I wanted very easily because they were all available through their premium service? But maybe the EMU Sync app also glitches and misses movies and I have to download a full set through the website or something? I just don't know because I'm new to Launchbox and Emu Movies.

I was only picking High Quality game play videos via the EMU sync app so maybe that is why some were missing? But surely they would have everything available in High Quality versions if they have the video at all, because the low quality versions would just be a scaled down version of the bigger videos right?

I really hope that those missing movies are actually available from EMU Movies in one way or another or otherwise I would be very disappointed and honestly a bit confused given that I thought I was paying for a premium (pretty much 'fire and forget') service.

I also really hope that the issues of Launchbox failing to download from EMU Movies properly will get officially acknowledged and fixed soon too. Because one of the main reasons I paid for a premium Launchbox and Premium EMU license at the same time, was so that they would both work together reliably and make getting all the artwork and movies very easy, because this is what it is advertised to do.

I really like the big box theme I have installed and it's looking great when the movies are finally added, but overall my initial impression of things so far is not very good and I'm disappointed that getting it even partially set up has been so difficult and that no one seems to know what the problem is or that anyone from Launchbox has explained either?

Edited by Wonderboy

image.thumb.png.814dec132161988f2e3ca2bd8eb01206.png

Thankyou for posting this, I am relieved to hear they are working on it over at EMU Movies. But I have had a problems with batch downloading of movies too not just single movies. When I try to get certain movies types in batch mode it just fails completey and downloads nothing at all.

I hope they are aware of this problem too?

1 minute ago, Wonderboy said:

image.thumb.png.814dec132161988f2e3ca2bd8eb01206.png

Thankyou for posting this, I am relieved to hear they are working on it over at EMU Movies. But I have had a problems with batch downloading of movies too not just single movies. When I try to get certain movies types in batch mode it just fails completey and downloads nothing at all.

I hope they are aware of this problem too?

Emumovies sync is incredible slow. - EmuMovies Sync - EmuMovies

Just to clarify in this thread: We are aware of the slowdowns with EmuMovies. We have confirmed that it's not version related or a LaunchBox bug. Wanted to make that clear so users don't waste time downgrading LB only to still see the same issue.

EmuMovies has confirmed that they are working on upgrading their servers.

However, we will do all we can to help and we are implementing a few changes that can mitigate long load-time annoyances in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, faeran said:

Just to clarify in this thread: We are aware of the slowdowns with EmuMovies. We have confirmed that it's not version related or a LaunchBox bug. Wanted to make that clear so users don't waste time downgrading LB only to still see the same issue.

EmuMovies has confirmed that they are working on upgrading their servers.

However, we will do all we can to help and we are implementing a few changes that can mitigate long load-time annoyances in the future.

Thankyou faeran, I really appreciate you posting this and clarifying the situation. It is really good to know a bit more about the situation and that something is being done on both ends.